Online Co-Op Only Coming to Lara Croft on 360s ... For Now

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Online Co-Op Only Coming to Lara Croft on 360s ... For Now

360 gamers are in luck: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is getting online co-op next week. All other platforms, though, will have to wait to get that mode.

One of the biggest complaints about <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8011-Review-Lara-Croft-and-the-Guardian-of-Light>Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was that it didn't have an online co-op mode. Come October 27th, though, this will change, but only if you own an Xbox 360.

If you bought the game for PlayStation 3 or PC, Crystal Dynamics is promising that the mode will become available to you, but not anytime soon. "PS3/PC coming later, stay tuned," was all that the developer would say on the matter.

However, Crystal Dynamics has revealed that the the first (of five) DLC packs will be made available for free - presumably on all systems - as a way of apologizing for the delay in online co-op. While it sucks to hear that some gamers are going to have to wait before they can play the game online with their friends, it seems as though the developer is trying to do the right thing and make it up to them.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-20-lara-croft-pc-ps3-must-wait-for-co-op-article>Eurogamer

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Gosh darn it. I was hoping to play it on-line on the PC as well soon. I found it to be a very fun and enjoyable experience.
It's honestly one of the best games I've played all year. Good things do come in small packages.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
I'm yet to install this, but I was looking forward to co-op'ing my way through this.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
Lyri said:
I'm yet to install this, but I was looking forward to co-op'ing my way through this.
It is still very fun on solo mode. They even switch up a bunch of puzzles when you do it in co-op, so soloing doesn't ruin it for you.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
CitySquirrel said:
Lyri said:
It is still very fun on solo mode. They even switch up a bunch of puzzles when you do it in co-op, so soloing doesn't ruin it for you.
Oh sweet, thanks for the heads up.

I bought it for £29 from steam I think, it came with a free copy of Tomb Raider legends which allowed me to get more use out of my game pad I bought for Saints Row 2.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
*Sigh* Yet again the PC gets the back seat to the 360 calling shotgun. Granted that the PC will get the online co-op eventually, but I think it's a little sad that that console which is getting online co-op first is one of the two which can do off-line co-op on a single screen.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
No idea who the other character is, but he looks like Shao Kahns femimine brother...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Once again Microsoft gives PC the finger. You'd think we hurt their feelings or something. Did we forget your birthday, MS?

Lostways

Sep 16, 2010
This was a surprising good game. I thought it'll be a cheap short lived game but the puzzles were well placed and Solo is fun. It's just too bad that most of my friends refuse to play it based on the fact it is a Tomb Raider game. I do love my Top down Shoot em ups the puzzle aspect was well done for something i didn't expect much of.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
Once again Microsoft gives PC the finger. You'd think we hurt their feelings or something. Did we forget your birthday, MS?
This is not a Microsoft issue. This is the developer not getting something to work. The co op should have been in the initial release of the game during Summer of Arcade in AUGUST! It wasn't apparently working for the 360 on release so they said they would patch it and have it ready by the time the PS3 and PC versions were released. They missed that window for all three platforms.

The failure hurt everyone including folks like me who bought the game which clearly states on the inclusion of online co op. I've already had them fail me after a month's grace and now I'm not going to hold my breath on this coming out on Oct 27th either. If you think you're butthurt because you can't play co op for PC get in line! 360 owners have actually had it worse.