EA and Ubisoft Manning 7-Eleven's Slurpee Machine

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
EA and Ubisoft Manning 7-Eleven's Slurpee Machine

Thanks to EA and Ubisoft, drinking a lot of Slurpees could earn you some free videogames.

Anybody trying to beat the cold with a steamy, bubbling 7-Eleven Slurpee through mid-November now has the ability to win tons of different videogame prizes thanks to the chain's Access 45 promotion. EA and Ubisoft have teamed up with the popular convenience store to offer videogames, exclusive in-game content, consoles, and even a trip to Ubisoft for a lucky winner.

7-Eleven shoppers that earn enough Slurpee Nation rewards points, acquired by entering a code from Slurpee cups on the EA Sports MMA [http://www.slurpee.com/Rewards/], free cars in EA MMO Need for Speed World, a PlayStation 3, and more. Rewards are added daily, but they only last for a day or until they're sold out.

In addition, two contests are part of Access 45 that could send winners to a Strikeforce MMA event or to Ubisoft studios in Montreal to meet the designers of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Xbox-360/dp/B003L8HQ7S/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1287711666&sr=1-1]. These are pretty decent rewards for drinking a cup, or I should say multiple cups, of flavored syrup and ice.

Prizes cost 2 to 1000 points, with each Slurpee awarding 1-5 points depending on its size. If you want some of the bigger prizes, you'd better get to drinking, because the Access 45 promotion ends on November 14.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Fun fact: A Slurpee cup costs 10X more to make than the slurpee itself. Many stores give big discounts if you bring your own container.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Nah, I'll pass. I'm not interested in the "You must drink your slurpee in front of a live webcam and if your feed cuts out at any time your credit for that drink isn't saved." DRM that EA and Ubisoft are sure to have cooked up.

And less sarcastically, I have never even seen a 7-11. They just don't exist around here.
EDIT: Just looked on their store locater, the closest one to me is 93.7 miles away in a city I've never heard of.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
YOU BASTARDS! WHY WOULD YOU START THIS CONTEST IN WINTER!!!!!

Seriously, that's just cruel.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Sadly, they don't seem to be offering any DLC for games I'm interested in by that list, of course there might be more than aren't listed.

Infernoshadow211

Nov 18, 2009
If 5 is the biggest amount for a prize from 1 slurpee, then you'd have to drink 200 slurpees to get the console (assuming it's the biggest price, which it usually is, the cheap bastards).

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Are there no 7-Elevens in North Carolina? Bleh website says closest is 124 miles away.

nintendoeats

Jan 27, 2010
Note to The Escapist: It is not considered good journalistic practice to copy press releases. Its becoming an increasingly large problem, compounded by a 24-hour news cycle that demands constant feeding. Please do not lapse into this pattern in the future, as it degrades everyone involved. At the very least, charge the relevant companies for the service and clearly indicate that you are showing an advertisement.

Feb 13, 2008
Being a Brit, I assume Slurpees are the same as our Slush Puppies.

In that case, aren't they made of ice? Like not the sort of thing you'd want in November. Unless, of course, there's a prize for them...

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
starfox444 said:
I live in Australia. I don't know what a slurpee is. We drink snake venom. Most guys around here are like Saxton Hale.
I've heard that even the women are like Saxton Hale, is this true?

On topic, somewhat strange they'd start this promotion in winter and not summer.
You know, the season when it's actually hot enough that you want to get one?

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
zidine100 said:
i would if i could, hell im eating ice cream right now and its been snowing here.
Hey, it's snowing here as well, funky.

And yeah, but aren't you inside now?

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
Arachon said:
Who in their right mind would get one of those in the winter?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slurpee

My hometown, actually. Winnipeg, Manitoba. If you look into it, you'll find we are one of the coldest places in the world. As well as being the slurpee capital of the world. Seriously, checkitout. We rock the bumper stickers and everything. I'm still not sure why we're so damn proud of it.

That being said, we never get cool promotions like this. All we get is crappy tester slurpees, like cappuccino. And if your like, "Cappuccino slurpee? Ive never heard of this..." Then your welcome.