Minecraft Invading Super Meat Boy

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Minecraft Invading Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy's cube of meat will soon be replaced by a character not made of meat, but still made of cubes.

Minecraft [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Super-Meat-Boy/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a5a].

Team Meat openly asked Minecraft developer Notch on Twitter if it could have permission to use the blocky Minecraft man in the PC version of Super Meat Boy. Notch gave the team the go ahead, and even said he wants to add "meat blocks" into Minecraft. They'd be perfect for the construction of a gigantic hamburger.

Minecraft man might not be able to leap fifty feet over a buzzsaw like Super Meat Boy, but he can build a lot of cool stuff [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103598-Fans-Build-BioShock-Infinite-in-Minecraft]. Team Meat says it plans to create sets of levels specifically designed around special characters and their abilities, so Minecraft man's would presumably involve building in some way. The PC and WiiWare versions of Super Meat Boy do not yet have a release date.

If you've already purchased Super Meat Boy on XBLA, Team Meat also tweeted about an incoming patch that should fix an auto-save glitch. The game apparently isn't saving when you replay a level and collect the same band-aid twice. However, exiting out to the map apparently fixes it for now. The issue should be patched "soon."

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-minecraft-in-super-meat-boy-you-on-the-soundtrack]

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Is it just me, or has this website become obsessed with Minecraft?
Yup. I love it.

No, joking aside I play Minecraft but I'm not this obsessed.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
Aurora219 said:
Internet Kraken said:
Yup. I love it.

No, joking aside I play Minecraft but I'm not this obsessed.
Your avatar confuses me.

OT: I should really get Minecraft.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
The entire internet is obsessed with Minecraft.

greenflash said:
Meat blocks? Holy shit i could finaly build the citadal out of Meat!
A meatidel?

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
the game has comander video from bit trip, tim from braid, one of the castle crashers, the ninja from N+, the kid from I wanna be the guy, an alien hominid, from alien hominid, the splunker from splunky, and now mister minecraft. (BTW all the characters are from indie games)

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Hey, Minecraft is an awesome indy game. Me and my friends have a lot of fun playing it actually, so it's not just this website: just about everybody in my ventrilo loves this game.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Sean Strife said:
Internet Kraken said:
Hey, Minecraft is an awesome indy game. Me and my friends have a lot of fun playing it actually, so it's not just this website: just about everybody in my ventrilo loves this game.
It's just that recently, there's been a lot more Minecraft related stuff on the Escapist. As for it being an awesome indy game, well, Dwarf Fortress is more than enough for me. Was never really interested in Minecraft.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Sean Strife said:
Internet Kraken said:
It's just that recently, there's been a lot more Minecraft related stuff on the Escapist. As for it being an awesome indy game, well, Dwarf Fortress is more than enough for me. Was never really interested in Minecraft.
...one of the guys in my vent plays Dwarf Fortress. He seems to like both of them, though. Built an epic castle in Minecraft.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Internet Kraken said:
Sean Strife said:
Internet Kraken said:
If you call yourself a Dorf Fort fan, you owe it to yourself to check out Minecraft. Sure, Toady's water-flow algorithm is superior to Notch's, and Toady's been working at this sort of thing longer, but imagine the world that would result from a collaboration.