Warner Bros. Whispers to the PC, "No"

Feb 13, 2008
Warner Bros. Whispers to the PC, "No"

The end is nigh for The End is Nigh - Watchmen Episode 2 won't be coming to the PC.

While Watchmen: The End is Nigh tried very hard to live up to its source material, it ended up with "...no real grit, no soul, no gravitas." [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5834-Review-Watchmen-The-End-is-Nigh]. It should therefore come as no surprise that Warner Bros. has announced it will not be releasing Episode 2 for the PC.

Work will still be continuing on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, though. A retail copy, along with the original Episode sneaking onto shop floors around July, to coincide with the DVD / Blu-ray release. You'll still be able to download it via Xbox Live / PSN if you don't fancy the trip outside into the rain-soaked streets.

PS3 owners will also have chance to own Watchmen: The End is Nigh Complete Experience, which will be a combination of both games and the film. Possibly something that MovieBob [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/622-MovieBob-Reviews-Watchmen] will be looking forward to?

Source: Gamespot [http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6210118.html]

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Initially, I want to be upset that they are leaving out my platform of choice. Then, I realized that the game kinda sucks.

Captain Urahara

Dec 22, 2008
I loved the graphic novel, I loved the movie, but the game was just plain terrible. It was an abomination and the fact that they are still going to release the second episode is a slap in the face to fans.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
johnman said:
They made a watchman game? This is news to me.
Yeah I downloaded the demo, but if I hadn't been told about it, I would have known nothing about it, its been severely under advertised. On topic, I think its a decent game, although I have a severe love of a good Beat 'Em Up game.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
I tried the first game, and I thought it was a forgettable experience.
They don't need to lengthen it.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Movies that are made into games always suck. Watchmen's no exception, despite being an all time classic movie in my opinion.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Fuck you, Warner Bros. I don't fucking care. Anything other than the movie will ruin Watchmen, and you're proving me right.

Go fuck yourselves up the ass with Bugs Bunny's carrot for even thinking this idea was valid.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
For a videogame forum we certainly are rather dissmisive of games as a medium in their ability to faithfully adapt a beloved novel, I think Watchmen could make a great game, if only it was done with a bit more imagination, simply taking the action aspect of it isn't enough, we need the atmosphere and overall themes of the book, still, it's not like it would be impossible for there to be a good Watchmen game.
More on topic, oh well, sadly it's not like PC gamers will be missing much, if the first installment is anything to go by.