This Krang Costume Crushes Your Puny Turtle

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
This Krang Costume Crushes Your Puny Turtle

You wish your nerdy costume was this cool for Halloween.

Let's be honest about something: Halloween is a holiday that the nerds tend to dominate when it comes to skillfully-made and creative costumes. If there are two things we adore here at The Escapist, it's skill and creativity. As a result, I'm pleased to present this video of what is quite possibly the best costume of the season: <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krang#Abilities>Krang in his robot body from the <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Original/dp/B0001FVDG4/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1288636288&sr=1-1>original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.

The video is by Dunphy's journal, here's a partial list of what went into the costume's construction:

? Really cheap sumo outfit from eBay
? Stupid amounts of polyester filler to restuff the sumo outfit and Krang
? Oven tray lid
? Sculpey
? Yoga mat
? Red tshirt
? Three different kinds of foam
? Spray paint
? Hot glue
? Cellophane
? Various small repurposed electronics
? Pink fleece, and of course ...
? Duct tape

Other than the fact that the costume looks rather bulky and difficult to walk in, it's pretty amazing to witness. The animatronic Krang in the middle is undoubtedly the best part, along with the dialogue it spouts straight from the cartoon. Welcome to the Escapist Wall of Costume Fame, Melissa!

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Eek Gad! Krang is on the loose. Where are the Turtles????

Seriously that is the best costume of this year! unless someone show me a better costume of this year.

JDviewer

Mar 3, 2009
I remember watching those episodes when I was younger and I always thought that robot body was freeky. Its a fantastic costume, made all the better by Krang moving around and talking!

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
:') Beautiful.

As Krang would put it: 'That costume doesn't look as good as mee~'

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Seriously Escapist, you DO need an official Wall of Costume Fame.

That costume brings back so many happy memories... Purely awesome.