AC: Brotherhood's PS3-Exclusive DLC Revolves Around Copernicus

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
AC: Brotherhood's PS3-Exclusive DLC Revolves Around Copernicus

The PS3 is getting free launch-day Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC that will see Ezio murdering in the name of astronomy.

Historical figures, such as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95302-Leonardo-da-Vinci-Creates-New-Ways-to-Stab-in-Assassins-Creed-2] is set to add another to the roster. The PlayStation 3 version of Brotherhood will be getting free launch-day DLC called the Copernicus Conspiracy that is focused on Nicolaus Copernicus.

Copernicus was an astronomer that lived from 1473-1543 and is known for proposing a heliocentric model of the universe. Up until his time, many believed that the Earth was the center of the universe and everything in space was revolving around it. Copernicus assumed that the Earth and other celestial bodies revolved around the Sun instead. He was right, by the way.

The DLC will bring Ezio, Brotherhood's main character, into cahoots with Copernicus. In the game, Copernicus is being attacked for his heliocentric model and he apparently isn't going to be nice about straightening things out. Ubisoft says that Copernicus will give Ezio extra jobs including courier, assassination and protection missions.

Ezio is becoming the Forrest Gump [http://www.amazon.com/Forrest-Gump-Two-Disc-Special-Collectors/dp/B00003CXA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288732786&sr=8-1] of his time. I always think about revolutionary historical figures as men or women that somehow defied their overwhelming detractors through peaceful means, but I doubt it was that easy in all cases. Maybe a few times they had to, you know, kill a guy too.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on November 16, with the Copernicus Conspiracy available the same day on the PS3 for free.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
And nothing for the 360?? I hate when they give exclusive content to a console and nothing to the other... it feel like thouse who buy it to the console with no extra get robbed, same price, less content. I said the same thing about Batman Arkham Asylum

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Talvrae said:
And nothing for the 360?? I hate when they give exclusive content to a console and nothing to the other... it feel like thouse who buy it to the console with no extra get robbed, same price, less content. I said the same thing about Batman Arkham Asylum
It's to be expected with everything that ends up exclusive for the 360. The PS3 is far behind in the exclusivity.
Look at it this way, if it was for the 360, it wouldn't be free.
Tom Goldman said:
Ezio is becoming the Forrest Gump [http://www.amazon.com/Forrest-Gump-Two-Disc-Special-Collectors/dp/B00003CXA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288732786&sr=8-1] of his time. I always think about revolutionary historical figures as men or women that somehow defied their overwhelming detractors through peaceful means, but I doubt it was that easy in all cases. Maybe a few times they had to, you know, kill a guy too.
Mama always said life was like a box of throwing knives. You never know who you might kill next.
(This inspired by the fact I ended up taking out a couple of civilians while chasing a mark in Assassin's Creed 1. Very dramatic.)

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Talvrae said:

Fallout New vegas.
Fallout 3
GTA IV

All DLC went to 360 first.

I just feel as though we should not to do that though.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
the first game i actually want the console exclusive dlc for, and it isn't on the console i own... god damnit, i'm so mad right now.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Crossbow?

You have a pistol musket and throwing knife...crossbow is just extra weight.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Damn. Nothing for us 360-ers...oh well, I'll bet it will come out for the 360 eventually. It does say after all, 'lauch day for the PS3', that doesn't mean it won't come out for the 360 at all.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
While this is cool and all, the Harlequin will be so much better to play as.
Codex Edition just preordered! Feel the maniacal cackling laughter, oh yeah!

On topic, while this may be unfair on other people with a 360, too many games I have played have ended up with DLC exclusive to the 360 for a little too long. I'm relatively happy for this. (Plus, what's wrong with a little friendly competition?)

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Talvrae said:

Fallout New vegas.
Fallout 3
GTA IV

but they arent free. you dont get less content for the same money. we have to pay more to have more. Here for the same price we have less content

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
JaymesFogarty said:
SnootyEnglishman said:

On topic, while this may be unfair on other people with a 360, too many games I have played have ended up with DLC exclusive to the 360 for a little too long. I'm relatively happy for this. (Plus, what's wrong with a little friendly competition?)
Nothing against competiotion... but now it's not that it just being robbed... I think the way to go is Soul Calibur IV way... each console have is own exclusivity

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Talvrae said:
JaymesFogarty said:
SnootyEnglishman said:

Nothing against competiotion... but now it's not that it just being robbed... I think the way to go is Soul Calibur IV way... each console have is own exclusivity
I wouldn't be against that. Actually, if each game was changed and tailored to each platform, the game would surely be much better! They should start doing that, instead of the cheap porting seen today!

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Talvrae said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Talvrae said:

Fallout New vegas.
Fallout 3
GTA IV

but they arent free. you dont get less content for the same money. we have to pay more to have more. Here for the same price we have less content
I'll add Dead Rising 2 to that list.

OT: Makes me glad I made a concience descion to buy the AC series on PS3. The DLC will most likely make its way to the 360 eventually.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Look who is happy he got a PS3 for his Birthday just on time for this:)

I now have the benefits of all exclusives!

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
It will come to 360 eventually. It's only exclusive for certain amount of time. PC version will be released with all DLC's probably. But that wont matter if they keep their retarded DRM.

sosolidshoe

May 17, 2010
Hey, 360 owners can stop moaning, at least you buggers get to play the game, the PC version has been pushed to bloody March of next year.