GameStop Employees Trapped By Bee Barricade

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
GameStop Employees Trapped By Bee Barricade

A GameStop store in New York was turned into a prison yesterday by a rampaging swarm of bees.

The store in Manhattan apparently had a hive running up the inside of its walls, a hive that was home to thousands of bees. While details on what happened are thin on the ground, what is clear is that something disturbed the bees and they swarmed out, trapping the GameStop employees inside, and making the street outside somewhat hazardous for pedestrians.

The spectacle drew a small crowd and at least one local news team, and it was more than two hours before NYPD bee expert Tony Planakis - that's right, bee expert - arrived on the scene to lure the bees away. Fortunately no one was stung by the bees before they were removed.

Source: ABC7 [http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6828888] via GoNintendo [http://gonintendo.com/?p=83631]

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
Two things.

First, there are worse places to be trapped. Hook up a display console and a few controllers and they only have to worry about food.

Second:

Holy shit BEEEES!! I hate bees. But is it just me or has anyone else noticed the new wave of huge animal infestations around the world? There were those spiders in Australia, and I think something before that as well. Could be something...

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
/sigh. Ive only been stung by a bee once in my life, it didnt hurt much. WHen a bee is around I ignore it instead of squealing and sprinting for my life. Honestly, if they really wanted to get out, they could run right out and away before the bees noticed a thing. Seeing as people run faster than Bees.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I blame violent video games. Those bees were obviously exposed to those types of games.

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
Ashbax said:
/sigh. Ive only been stung by a bee once in my life, it didnt hurt much. WHen a bee is around I ignore it instead of squealing and sprinting for my life. Honestly, if they really wanted to get out, they could run right out and away before the bees noticed a thing. Seeing as people run faster than Bees.
If the bee's are swarming due to disturbance, they are on the warpath. Its not as simple as running right through.

Plus, Bee's average at 9 miles per hour, with a top speed of 15. I couldn't sprint at 15, could you?

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Ashbax said:
One bees sting might not hurt much, but get a few at once and you'll know about it.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
I've seen worse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcNnzO26UvY

yeah, people are THAT frightened of bees.

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
Gamestop's having a sale! Te people are abuzz with interest!

"I'm trying to play the Arkham Asylum demo. Buzz off!"

Ever gotten stung by the trade-in prices?

Sorry, had to do it. It's the law.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
DEATH BEEEZ!

Anyways this is God's punishment to Gamestop. Stop thy gouging or die via BEES!