Diablo III Bestiary Update Reveals 'Fallen Ones'

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Diablo III Bestiary Update Reveals 'Fallen Ones'

The latest update to the Diablo III website reveals the reappearance of the series' most omnipresent demonic hordes, "The Fallen Ones."

Diablo fans will recall The Fallen Ones as the seemingly endless ranks of demonic cannon fodder populating the first Act of Diablo II. Since that time they've received some pretty extensive aesthetic upgrades, but are still quite recognizable for those who blew out the tendons in their thumbs clicking away at Blizzard's last foray into Sanctuary.

Alongside the pictorial look [http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/bestiary/thefallen.xml] at the latest iteration of the demonic race, Blizzard also offers a lore-heavy backstory to accompany the group:

As hard as it is to believe, the fallen ones were once exalted demons of the Burning Hells. They served as Azmodan's hands, performing acts that he would not, could not involve himself in. They were the instrument of Azmodan's first failed attempt to usurp power from Diablo and his brothers, and after that failure, the fallen were subjected to the full wrath of Diablo. They were twisted into small, ridiculous imps, in contrast to their previously powerful forms.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time a demonic overlord twisted me into a ridiculous imp I'd ... wait, what? That's why they're so intent on killing the player? That's like saying their mothers didn't hug them enough when they were incubi.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I was never too fussed about the Fallen Ones and Carvers etc., it was the Shamans that used to drive me mental. I'm can't wait for D3 - sometimes I lay awake at night just thinking about it... I probably shouldn't have posted that last bit.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
piers789 said:
I was never too fussed about the Fallen Ones and Carvers etc., it was the Shamans that used to drive me mental. I'm can't wait for D3 - sometimes I lay awake at night just thinking about it... I probably shouldn't have posted that last bit.
Could be worse, you could've said you lay awake at night and touch yourself, like I do.

...Wait.

PS: Note the overseer fallens weapon. Is that not awesome? It's like the ultimate extention of the board with a nail in it- a board with two swords jammed in it.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Brotherofwill said:
Awesome, like the concept art. Diablo 3 demo, I'm waiting.
Please don't hold your breath. Although I do hope to see a multiplayer beta for Battle.net.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:
Could be worse, you could've said you lay awake at night and touch yourself, like I do.

...Wait.
How do even start to reply to that...? Er... firstly I've now spilled some of the tea I was drinking on to my keyboard. And Secondly, well lets just leave the second part.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
piers789 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:

...Wait.
How do even start to reply to that...? Er... firstly I've now spilled some of the tea I was drinking on to my keyboard. And Secondly, well lets just leave the second part.
And I'm not even thinking of the Amazon when I do it neither! Just...Zakarum!

THATS RIGHT, THE CITY.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:

...Wait.

THATS RIGHT, THE CITY.
Noooooo! Please say that was a one off (no NOT like that). O.K. if not the Amazon then what about the Sorceress or the Assassin?

MrPop

May 14, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:

...Wait.

PS: Note the overseer fallens weapon. Is that not awesome? It's like the ultimate extention of the board with a nail in it- a board with two swords jammed in it.
:O That is a pretty awesome weapon. It's good to see that they are utilising their environment to the best of their ability.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
piers789 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
piers789 said:

...Wait.

THATS RIGHT, THE CITY.
Noooooo! Please say that was a one off (no NOT like that). O.K. if not the Amazon then what about the Sorceress or the Assassin?
I wasn't being SERIOUS.

...I totally think about the Sorceress sometimes. The Assasin is too butch and the Amazon is too... big.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
awwww nawww, not anymore of those little pricks. they annoyed me with their squeay voices, running away and their little "Raganishu" battlecry.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Wouldn't be a Diablo game without hordes of little critters to squish.

I have high hopes for this one, they may as well take my money right now...

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
Heeeyyyy, they mooshed together the concept of the overseer and his horde to the fallen shaman and his fallen ones. I feel cheated!!!!

^_^

henrebotha

Jan 29, 2009
I've always liked the Fallen... Especially how they used to jump so as to get at your face in the original Diablo.

Stoked to hear Azmodan (and Belial?) plays a part in this game.

Mortars

May 24, 2009
The Fallen are just happy good time and trash mob squishing fun, can´t wait for Diablo III to come...

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Christemo said:
awwww nawww, not anymore of those little pricks. they annoyed me with their squeay voices, running away and their little "Raganishu" battlecry.
Gah! I hated it when they ran away, I'd have to track the little bastards across the freakin map in order to ensure there wasn't a shaman lurking around... which there often was...