Win a Halo: Reach Honor the Code Limited Edition Kit!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Win a Halo: Reach Honor the Code Limited Edition Kit!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/HonortheCode]

Enter the Halo: Reach Honor the Code sweepstakes for your chance to win one of five of these amazing swag kits!

Back in September, Greg Tito received an awesome Limited Edition promo kit [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103932-Does-the-World-Need-Halo-Reach-themed-Mountain-Dew] compliments of Doritos, Mountain Dew and Halo: Reach. Our community went wild over it, wondering how they could snag get a swag bag of their very own. Well, today is your lucky day! Thanks to Doritos, Mountain Dew and Halo: Reach, we have five of these Limited Edition kits to give away. Even better, this is open to all Escapist community members!

Submissions will be open until next Thursday, November 11th, so don't delay. For rules on how to participate, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/HonortheCode].

Honor the Code and good luck!

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
this is neat, the only thing is i cant eat the contents if i win.
:/
Oh well, it certainly looks cool.

Fiend Dragon

Apr 7, 2010
Cool promotion I guess, signed up. It just eludes me why they would create a promotion kit filled with food.... that is expired. I mean, I'll probably keep them anyway, (I still have my Halo 3 'Game Fuel' cans :D) but I sure hope there is something cool, and not expired in that "Top Secret" box.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
chemicalreaper said:
...when you guys post news, don't you proofread anymore? It's a little disheartening to see errors like "snag get a swag bag." And it's not just this one: nearly every news article posted on the Escapist has at least one or two errors that could have been easily fixed in the first place.

There's not much info on what's in the swag bag. But, I'll never pass up the opportunity to win free stuff. So considered me entered, even though I don't like Halo that much anymore.
Six bottles of Mountain Dew and two bags of Doritos. All Halo branded, of course.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
It says that we shouldn't eat/drink anything because it's all past it's expiration date. Where's the fun in that? ;-;
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: These kits are being given away as collectible items only! None of the content should be consumed for any reason! All items contained within the kit are beyond their expiration date and are no longer safe for human consumption. The Escapist will not be held responsible for those who choose to consume any of the products.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
You're giving away out of date food? I feel they could have been put to better use in your office before they expired....

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
Andalusa said:
It says that we shouldn't eat/drink anything because it's all past it's expiration date. Where's the fun in that? ;-;
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: These kits are being given away as collectible items only! None of the content should be consumed for any reason! All items contained within the kit are beyond their expiration date and are no longer safe for human consumption. The Escapist will not be held responsible for those who choose to consume any of the products.
Wait, what part of Mountain Dew goes bad, the sugar or the caffeine?

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Andalusa said:
funny to say that none of the products that they are stating doesn't have an expire date although it does have a "best before" meaning that it wont be as enjoyable.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
The disclaimer is just to make sure we can't be held liable. What you choose to do if you win is up to you.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
chemicalreaper said:
There's not much info on what's in the swag bag. But, I'll never pass up the opportunity to win free stuff. So considered me entered, even though I don't like Halo that much anymore.
I think the picture, if you would care to look at it before scrolling to the bottom and hitting the post button, would have shown you clearly you get several bottles of Mountain Dew, Doritos, and a copy of Halo: Reach Limited Edition [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo%3A_Reach_Limited_Edition]. Which includes the game, elite armor for your character, The diary of Dr. Catherine Halsey and the many things it comes with (including her security badge and a Spartan 2 patch and pamphlets relating to news in the Halo universe), and some avatar gear.

The Ticking Tombomb

Nov 6, 2010
Are you actually counting the "likes" on each wall, because I followed the guidelines and my post had the most like by far, yet no messages have reached me.

song1370

Nov 7, 2010
The Ticking Tombomb said:
Are you actually counting the "likes" on each wall, because I followed the guidelines and my post had the most like by far, yet no messages have reached me.
Hi Tombomb, Where is your post on Facebook, under what name? (so I can check to see if you did everything correctly, one person on there did NOT include the contest link and that was required) I am waiting for the 5 winners to be posted too... hopefully they'll reply to this thread. We only have 24 hours to respond per the rules and it's getting late...

"A winner will be chosen at that time and have 24 hours to respond to our outreach. Failure to do so will remove the winning entry from the contest and another winner will be chosen."