Go to College, Fight Zombies With Nerf Weapons

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Go to College, Fight Zombies With Nerf Weapons

Contrary to what you might think, Nerf weapons are apparently great for holding off the zombie hordes when they invade your college campus.

When it comes to fighting zombies, arming yourself with a Nerf arsenal may not be the first thing that comes to mind. But that's exactly what students at the State University of New York at Geneseo recently wound up doing as they engaged in a massive game of <a href=http://humansvszombies.org/about>Humans vs. Zombies. Oh, and they made this totally brilliant trailer to promote the game, too.

The game, it turns out, began on Wednesday, September 22nd, and ended Saturday, October 2nd. However, based on the event's Facebook page, this is at least the second game of Humans vs. Zombies that's happened on the campus, so it seems reasonable to assume that more such events will occur in the future.

Humans vs. Zombies was started in 2005 by Brad Sappington and Chris Weed, two students at Goucher College. The game quickly became popular, thanks to participants' YouTube videos and Flickr photo galleries. Unsurprisingly, the game's proved especially popular on campuses around the globe, probably because a lot of us in college are nerds who eat this sort of thing up.

While a <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.241047-Humans-Vs-Zombies>number of colleges are the sites for Humans vs. Zombies games, SUNY Geneseo is the first school to feature a trailer like this. Though the game happened over a month ago, I'm starting to think about transferring out to New York for my last semester...

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I've heard of that. A guy on the TF2 server I go on was doing that at his college. Sounds awesome.

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
That is pretty awesome...hope the college i go to does that..or i'll have to start it.
Reminds me of the modern warfare episode of community.

Slash12

Apr 26, 2008
Yeah this has been going on for a little while at RIT too. Never participated though because I don't live on campus.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I think I am going to transfer to a school that does this now. My major is just an added bonus to this.

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
Someone should attach a camera to their head....first person footage lol.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
They have done this at my university for at least the past two years so far, it is really entertaining to watch while you walk to class.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
I can't believe this is up here. We just finished the first semester round of HVZ here on my campus. Its basically the best thing ever.

One of many snapshots of our game. This is the humans successfully getting back to a safezone after a mission objective.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
snowman6251 said:
I can't believe this is up here. We just finished the first semester round of HVZ here on my campus. Its basically the best thing ever.

One of many snapshots of our game. This is the humans successfully getting back to a safezone after a mission objective.
How awesome is it one a scale of 1 to 10?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dannit why didn't my university do something like this when I was attending it. Now I feel left out...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Why is there nothing like this in the UK?

Apart from a distinct lack of Nerf weapons.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
They haven't done this at the University of Nevada yet...and I'm glad for that. I like the quad a LOT better when it's quiet or when the most noise going on is an impromptu game of football or ultimate frisbee.