Jeff Goldblum and Biz Markie, Together At Last

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Jeff Goldblum and Biz Markie, Together At Last

[nbc=1259813]​
Jurassic Park actor Jeff Goldblum and "Just a Friend" rapper Biz Markie teamed up for a surprise duet on Thursday's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

At the end of Thursday's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,Jeff Goldblum sat down to tickle the ivories, and launched into Biz Markie's classic "Just a Friend" to the delight of the studio audience. Then Biz himself joined in, and the room exploded. Fallon grabbed a mike as well, but despite his adept harmonizing, people didn't seem as excited about his inclusion.

Goldblum was featured on the show to promote his new film Morning Glory, in which he stars with Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones), Rachel McAdams (Sherlock Holmes), and Diane Keaton (Annie Hall). He and Fallon engaged in the basic talk-show conversation, and Goldblum plugged the movie, but it's safe to say that the conversation is not what viewers will remember.

"Just a Friend" benefits from Biz's lack of pitch: It's become a song everyone can sing. That having been said, I've never heard a rendition to top Goldblum's; the intensity and fervor with which he asks, "Do you have a man?" rivals any performance he's given on film. (I'm serious. Watch for it, and check out his crazy eyes.)

Source: The New York Times ArtsBlog [http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/12/on-late-night-jeff-goldblum-and-biz-markie-make-the-best-of-friends/]

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I love Jeff Goldblum... but my favorite cover of that song is this one...

And Jeff Goldblum is in Morning Glory? Dang... for a chick flick, that's got one killer cast.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Jeff Goldblum is hilarious, I remember when that news station declared him dead...like two years ago.

Warrior Irme said:
Jeff Goldblum always makes me laugh. I wish I had the same method of speaking.
Everyone wishes they could 'goldblum':

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
It's strange, Biz's singing is actually kind of charming in its own way... I don't know how to describe it, but I'm enjoying it. It gives me hope that any man can sing at least that well. XD