Take The Escapist's Psychonauts Quiz Now!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Take The Escapist's Psychonauts Quiz Now!

You don't need to be a psychic to take this quiz, but it might help.

This week's issue of The Escapist's weekly magazine is all about psychics in the world of videogames. Fittingly enough, we looked into our tea leaves and saw a message telling us to do a quiz about one of the most famous psychic-oriented videogames of all time.

Tim Schafer's 2005 platformer Psychonauts is a beloved cult classic, known as much for its brilliant script and quirky level design as it is for its frustrating platforming. It never sold quite as well as its fans would have hoped, unfortunately, and the oddball adventures of psychic-in-training Raz ended up relegated to lists of "Best Games You've Never Played."

So, in honor of the game, let's celebrate it with a quiz! As always, you can take the quiz as many times as you want in search of a perfect score, but it'll be reflected on our leaderboards.

Polish up your crystal balls and good luck! You can take the quiz here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/122]!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
100%

Easy quiz.

Great game. The fantastic writing and cartoony art style ensures that it is truly timeless. And the solid platforming doesn't hurt it, either.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
100%
Haven't even completed the game yet, still playing through it for the first time.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Wow.

I didn't even play the game, and guessed on almost all of the questions, and still got 70% on my first try. The only game of Tim Schafer's that I have been exposed to is Brutal Legend. I dare say that I am quite impressed with my knowledge of a game that I never played.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
100% after 6 minutes and 2 tries.

Never really played Psychonauts, only watched gameplay clips. I think I should pick it up sometime...

Tich

Aug 13, 2008
7th place so far, apparently I know this game pretty well. For once.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
The game is fantastic, though there are a few worlds I simply hate going to, like Lungfishopolis and the Opera House.

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
Ok I don't know who's idea it was to make a quiz on Psychonauts, but I salute you. Thank you for providing an awesome start to my work week.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Got one wrong answer, feeling a bit ashamed now. Psychonauts is one of the greats games ever.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
phoenix352 said:
10th place so far...not bad :D love the game, finished it lots of times.
HA! I now hold your position!

OT: THis game is delicious. I absolutely loved it, and still do.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I scored 70%, with 7 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Escapist's Psychonauts Quiz!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/122-The-Escapists-Psychonauts-Quiz]

I haven't played the game through. I'm a bit stuck after I found the psychic prison chamber. I've lost the button I was given somehow. Or perhaps I don't know how to use it.

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
I got most of them right, but sadly I never finished Psychonauts. It's on my list of things to finish, along with... Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II, Planescape: Torment, Cryostasis, Company of Heroes... yeah.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I scored an 8 out of 10, until I revised my score, that is, to 9. out of 10. It wasn't a bad game, I think for me, it was overhyped (after the fact) and I was too young to appreciate it (I was about 15) but I think If I had a copy, I'd play it again, hopefully with greater things to say about it.

But, that's just me, a fun quiz overall.