Question of the Day, November 15, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, November 15, 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops has been out for almost a week now. and other gamers don't [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8318-Multiplayer-Overview-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops]. Of the recent Call of Duty titles, which is your personal favorite?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
My personal favorite? Call of Duty 4.

But, in practice, I actually really don't like the Call of Duty series much at all. Modern Warfare 2 turned me off, so I didn't bother getting Black Ops and have no intention of looking into future installments unless they come highly recommended.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
The CoD games are going downhill in quality. I'll stick to CoD 4, and occasionally play BlOps when my friends are online.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, obviously. And I'm not talking about the mutliplayer.
Same. In none of the CoD games did I find the multi-player very intersting, so when the series gave good story-lines a kick in the butt, that was it for me CoD-wise...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I liked World at War the best. Despite the fucking dogs.

Maybe because I got into shooters when WWII was going out of style, and now I'm sick of "present day/near future" warfare.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Black Ops, I've been enjoying it much more then COD4 and MW2. :D Plus! ZOMBIES! :D

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I haven't enjoyed any of them, although, I'll admit that the only one I tried is 4.

I figured not much was changed though.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
CoD 4. I still love playing it at LAN's. The other, more recent ones, well... They're ok, I guess, in some respects. But it's my personal belief that after 4, things just started going downhill for the CoD series.

Mar 30, 2010
COD4, hands down. I've enjoyed most of the COD series, truth be told, with the exception of World at War (and Black Ops, which I haven't played yet). Even MW2 is alright, if you mentally substitute 'Hollywood Blockbuster' in place of 'Realistic Shooter'. But the best of the bunch is definitely COD4, mainly for the single player campaign.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Black Ops. I always like the newest game in the series not because I'm a fanboy but because I'm always curious .........
Ignore this post.
Damn glitch.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Black Ops. I always like the newest game in the series not because I'm a fanboy, but because I'm always curious about the new weapons, perks, and killstreaks and coming up with new tactics for using them correctly.

Personally I like using the ballistic knife or the crossbow just because it's so satisfying to kill someone with those 2 weapons.
Oh and the RC-XD...>:) I laugh every time I kill someone with that killstreak, it's so devious. I'd like to know what the developers were smoking to come up with something like that.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
People are going to say that anyone choosing Black Ops is just a fickle fink, but I can honestly say, with it's focus on cooperative play, it's easily my favorite.

The only thing I feel it's missing is vehicles, but the most they should do is a jeep if at all.

Also, Activision needs to patch up the inability to STAY IN A PARTY.

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
I am more of a Quake style FPS person myself, so this Iron Sight and limited movement shizzle puts me off.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
I'd say World at War, just was a shame that I manually had to patch the game when a new patch was out, and that my frame rate went shit whenever anyone placed an artillery strike nearby me. (I had a lousy computer back then...)

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Despite me not really liking the multiplayer side of these games, I still think this game is pretty good just for the single player story.

It has some pretty epic set pieces that make it stand out in the world of video games and not just in it's own genre or franchise.