Bill Clinton Will Play Himself in The Hangover 2

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Bill Clinton Will Play Himself in The Hangover 2

Clinton will appear in the sequel to 2009's The Hangover, adding yet another guy to Alan's wolfpack.

People [http://www.people.com/people/news/0,,,00.html] reports that former president Bill Clinton was abroad this weekend "to deliver a speech on clean energy," but he served an even greater purpose by lending his presence to the film The Hangover 2. The sequel to 2009's The Hangover is currently filming in Thailand, and the former president just happened to be passing through Thailand on Saturday. This handy overlap provided Hillary's husband the opportunity to portray himself in the film without straying too far from his diplomatic day job.

Clinton's cameo is the most recent casting development for a film that's already experienced some very public casting woes. Mel Gibson was originally cast, but was then uninvited at the behest of the film's cast and crew, who were apparently upset with the actor's personal statements. Liam Neeson will be stepping in to play the as-yet unspecified role intended for Gibson. Save for Clinton, Paul Giamatti (Sideways, American Splendor) is the newest addition to the cast of The Hangover 2; there is no word yet on the role he is to play.

Boxer Mike Tyson famously, and a bit awkwardly, portrayed himself in the first Hangover film. As he is a practiced public speaker, I would assume that the 42nd President of the United States will have a more natural on-screen presence than Tyson. I can't imagine that Clinton will favor us with any Phil Collins tunes [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oAvdvQW18&feature=related], though, so it's a bit of a toss-up.

Source: People [http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20442139,00.html]

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
mel Gibson left because people didn't like his attitude/statements? Um.... I can't even say "Shocker" sarcastically in regards to this. THe moment I saw his name I knew.

I hope the sequel doesn't ruin it

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh God, they're making another one of these crappy movies?

Way to throw away the last bit of credibility you had, Clint.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Well as long as Zach Galifinachis is still in it I guess its okay. I see no reason why this shouldn't be awesome.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Unhappy Crow said:
I saw the movie and from the look of it, it doesn't really need a sequel.
You forgot that in Hollywood, anything that makes money needs a sequel in the hopes it will make more money.

Aug 25, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
Mel Gibson left because people didn't like his attitude/statements
He didn't leave, the cast made it pretty clear that they didn't want him around, so they got him removed from the movie.

Anywho, I probably won't see the film in cinema's but I might check it out for DVD rental when I've got an afternoon. The first one wasn't the smartest film ever but it was fun for an afternoon. Glad to see it's getting some recognition from some pretty big names as well, should do a lot to boost the rep of its various actors, which is always a good thing.

Hopefully it won't turn into an American Pie style series though, because no series wants that to happen.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
He didn't leave, the cast made it pretty clear that they didn't want him around, so they got him removed from the movie.

Anywho, I probably won't see the film in cinema's but I might check it out for DVD rental when I've got an afternoon. The first one wasn't the smartest film ever but it was fun for an afternoon. Glad to see it's getting some recognition from some pretty big names as well, should do a lot to boost the rep of its various actors, which is always a good thing.

Hopefully it won't turn into an American Pie style series though, because no series wants that to happen.
Left. AS in left the cast and crew. Voluntary or not. The first one was a little spot of genious, but they just need to know that you can't OVER DO Zack G's character... If it gets TOO stupid (like american pie) then it'll fail, but in thehangover, there was a certain level of entertainment in his stupidity that made it golden

Assuming Zack G is back

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Unhappy Crow said:
I saw the movie and from the look of it, it doesn't really need a sequel.
Meh, you'll find that plenty of people loved it, myself included. I think that warrants a sequel more than a lot of crappy films that get them. *cough* Date movie etc *cough*

Feb 13, 2008
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
I can't imagine that Clinton will favor us with any Phil Collins tunes [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oAvdvQW18&feature=related], though, so it's a bit of a toss-up.
I dunno -
"You Can't Hurry Love", "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)", "Easy Lover", "Separate Lives", "Another Day in Paradise", "Both Sides of the Story"... you've got to admit there's potential there.

Aug 25, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
MelasZepheos said:
Celtic_Kerr said:

Left. As in left the cast and crew. Voluntary or not. The first one was a little spot of genius, but they just need to know that you can't OVER DO Zack G's character... If it gets TOO stupid (like american pie) then it'll fail, but in The Hangover, there was a certain level of entertainment in his stupidity that made it golden.

Assuming Zack G is back.
Zack is back, he is in fact apparently the only one who wanted Mel Gibson to be removed, everyone else was fine with it.

And sorry about being picky, I just have a thing for using the right words in the correct form sorry for misunderstanding your use of it.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
AndyFromMonday said:
You forgot that in Hollywood, anything that makes money needs a sequel in the hopes it will make more money.
That's true.

WrongSprite said:
Meh, you'll find that plenty of people loved it, myself included. I think that warrants a sequel more than a lot of crappy films that get them. *cough* Date movie etc *cough*
It was an okay movie. Had a few good laughs out of it. And ugh, don't remind me of that horrific parody movie.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
There's... another... Hangover.

The first one got ONE - ONE giggle out of me, and I found the rest to be horribly unpleasant. They should have just let it die.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Zack is back, he is in fact apparently the only one who wanted Mel Gibson to be removed, everyone else was fine with it.

And sorry about being picky, I just have a thing for using the right words in the correct form sorry for misunderstanding your use of it.
According to who exactly? Here-say is cool and all that, but it's just that... here-say.

If so He gets even bigger props from me. Gibson is the biggest tool.

lacktheknack said:
There's... another... Hangover.

The first one got ONE - ONE giggle out of me, and I found the rest to be horribly unpleasant. They should have just let it die.
Don't watch it then. Stop complaining though, you're obviously part of a very small minority as it was a very popular movie.

Comedies are usually very hit or miss, there's only a few golden ones per year if any. The Hangover was one.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
MelasZepheos said:
Celtic_Kerr said:

Left. AS in left the cast and crew. Voluntary or not. The first one was a little spot of genious, but they just need to know that you can't OVER DO Zack G's character... If it gets TOO stupid (like american pie) then it'll fail, but in thehangover, there was a certain level of entertainment in his stupidity that made it golden

Assuming Zack G is back
Zack G was the angriest over Gibson being involved,so yeah he's in.