These Real-World Plants Could Save Your Brain from Zombies

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
These Real-World Plants Could Save Your Brain from Zombies

Is there a zombie on your lawn? These real-world plants can help.

We here at The Escapist have never disguised our love for PopCap's Plants vs. Zombies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6035-Review-Plants-vs-Zombies], but there's one problem that there's just no getting around: If the zombies do rise from their graves, where will we get plants with which to defend our vulnerable brainmeats? I don't know Crazy Dave myself, so I'm just out of luck when it comes to getting Peashooters, Wall-nuts and Melon-pults for my own personal use.

Thankfully, the kind folks at Lancaster Farms [http://www.youtube.com/user/lancasterfarms] - a Virginia-based plant nursery - have us covered. In the video seen here (posted just before Halloween, as you may notice), Lancaster spokesperson Matt Nagle instructs us viewers in the precise sort of mundane real-world plants one might use to fend off the zombie apocalypse. The video starts cheesy, but then quickly takes a turn for the hilarious.

Frankly, if all plant nurseries had this kind of tongue-in-cheek nerd-focused advertising, I would have a huge freakin' garden by now. Thanks, Lancaster Farms, for helping us keep our brains safe!

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
You know all the little pieces of my soul that keep dying when I typically read the news?

This video just brought them all back. Thank you.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
J03bot said:
It had a scientician, so I instantly believe everything that was said!

Yay science!
And he's right - Google knows all, why would it lie?!

That clip is genius ^_^

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
But this just begs the question; would bacteria be helpful against a zombie attack?

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
0:09 Oh shit, someone get Charlton Heston, it's god!

Interesting cash-in... I mean... video based on a popular video game.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
"Holy Moses!"

I thought that was hilarious!

See, something good came out of Virginia after all. (Modern Virgina, at least)

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
TheMaddestHatter said:
You know all the little pieces of my soul that keep dying when I typically read the news?

This video just brought them all back. Thank you.
Yep, me too. I love hearing stuff like this!

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Guy in video: "I don't know if you can poison a zombie."

Me: No, no you can't. They're already dead and their circulatory systems don't work.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
i go with the poisoned plants. Combined with the local frost to slow them down... They walk slower and take damage over time its the perfect combination, thing is. They only seem to attack when im sleeping so i newer actually get to witness it. But i can say as i didnt get my brains eaten yet it works like a dream. I also took the advise from my friend and put some on the roof aswell. And the backyard. Even consider making sure that they are underground, just in case.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
J03bot said:
It had a scientician, so I instantly believe everything that was said!

Yay science!
And he's right - Google knows all, why would it lie?!

That clip is genius ^_^
Yeah i know right? Why would a scientist and Google lie?

It must be the truth! I am ordering some plants right now.

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Hey, isn't some of the background music from AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity? Or are my ears deceiving me?