RedLynx Wants You to Have Trials For Free

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
RedLynx Wants You to Have Trials For Free

To celebrate Trials HD's massive popularity, RedLynx is giving away Trials Legends for free.

Xbox Live Arcade's one million copies [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Trials-HD/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841095a] of Trials HD in about a year, the studio has created a brand new game called Trials Legends that explores the series' past, and it's absolutely free.

Trials had been a series on the PC for years before Trials HD was released on XBLA, with the game's previous version, Trials 2: Second Edition, still available on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/16600/]. Trials Legends is a new PC game that explores the early days of Trials by incorporating 33 tracks seen between 2000-2005. Players can choose from six bike models, each with their own weight, braking, and acceleration levels, and the game also includes a track creator.

Trials Legends provides more of the incredibly challenging, yet engrossing dirt bike stunt levels that we've come to expect from RedLynx. You might have trouble just getting through the tutorial, but the physics-based gameplay still feels good if not a little loose. If you don't like it, well hey, you got it for free. Trials is based around trimming a micro-second or two off of a previous run, so there's a lot of gameplay here for the price.

To download Trials Legends, all you have to do is become a fan of RedLynx on Facebook here [http://www.facebook.com/pages/RedLynx/110752268962157]. After clicking that "Allow" button that I'm always afraid means my identity will be stolen by parties unknown, you'll receive a link to the game. Legends can also be connected to Facebook to publish your run times and whatnot, making it one of the better Facebook-enabled games out there (but it exists entirely separate from Facebook like a regular PC game).

RedLynx created Legends partially as a holiday gift to fans, but the fact that it also helps promote future Trials HD DLC doesn't hurt either. Trials HD's "Big Thrills" pack will be out on December 1 for 400 Microsoft Points and will feature 40 new tracks, including 10 created by the community.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
This was one of those games that I had zero interest in, until I played it at a friend's place and I was instantly hooked. It's a fun little physics deathtrap puzzle with fantastic sounds and level design.

Jan 23, 2010
Post on my wall? Access to my data when not using the application? The fuck?

Trials Legends is requesting permission to do the following:

Access my basic information
Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I've shared with everyone.
Post to my Wall
Trials Legends may post status messages, notes, photos, and videos to my Wall
Access my data any time
Trials Legends may access my data when I'm not using the application

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Facebook? I love your Trials games, RedLynx, but I'm not registring there to get this one.

Even if it's a really fun one.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
ye, not registring to facebook to get this, also doesn't look like it's just to download and kkthxbb redlynx...

The Almighty Grigard said:
Post on my wall? Access to my data when not using the application? The fuck?

Trials Legends is requesting permission to do the following:

Access my basic information
Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I've shared with everyone.
Post to my Wall
Trials Legends may post status messages, notes, photos, and videos to my Wall
Access my data any time
Trials Legends may access my data when I'm not using the application

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Facebook? I love your Trials games, Red Lynx, but I'm not registring there to get this one.

Even if it's a really fun one.
This. I was happy right up until the word Facebook, and then got pissed. Facebook isn't just popular anymore, it's become an obsession.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
lol facebook? nah sorry don't got a facebook...I get sick of companies offering free stuff if you sign up for facebook specially contests.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Or you could just download it from Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/17525407/Trials_Legends_Installer.exe/

It's on Filefront, so I'm guessing it's perfectly legal, plus you won't have to sell your soul to facebook. Enjoy!

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Fat_Hippo said:
Or you could just download it from Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/17525407/Trials_Legends_Installer.exe/

It's on Filefront, so I'm guessing it's perfectly legal, plus you won't have to sell your soul to facebook. Enjoy!
Edit: Wow, now I'm regretting it. After less than an hour, I hate this game with a vengeance. Physics my ass.

Double Edit: Whoops, hit quote instead of edit. Sorry.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Why not Allow us to DL ALL User made maps from the Original Redlynx servers or whatever? I don't wanna add a hundread people to play there tracks. =[