No One Can Love Harry Potter Or Twilight More Than These Kids

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
No One Can Love Harry Potter Or Twilight More Than These Kids

These two have absorbed all the love the world has for Harry Potter and Twilight, leaving none for the rest of us.

Moviefone, AOL's film site, is holding a contest to find the world's biggest Twilight [http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/11/08/biggest-harry-potter-fan-search] fans. The site indicates that the prize is "the t-shirt of [the winner's] choice from Busted Tees and additional prizes to be determined." As the internet loves making collective decisions, the winners have all but been chosen. The contest isn't over, so neither has yet been crowned Biggest Fan, but you can't deny that their love for their respective fandoms is...impressive.

Representing Harry Potter, we have "Harry Potter himself:"

Coming to bat for Twilight is "Anita Lautner:"

The contest winner will be determined by the votes of the populace, and announced on November 22. Moviefone reminds you that "entry for submissions and voting period ends Fri., Nov. 19 at 3PM ET." At this point, I wouldn't enter, as you have no chance of winning, but I would be remiss if I didn't provide you with the voting information. These kids really deserve those tee-shirts.

Source: Topless Robot [http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/11/08/biggest-harry-potter-fan-search]

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Wow, that is just sad. It really depresses me there are people who somehow live like this.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
And now...this thread will have nothing but hate mostly for the Twilight girl. Just watch.

That Harry Potter fan however...is rather good

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
Wow...
I am so happy a book hasn't taken over my life like that.

edit:
I will admit that the autograph tattoo was kinda cool.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Ummm... Yeah... Okay, sure I'm a big Gundam fan and everything but I don't think I could ever commit to it the way those people commit to Harry Potter and Twilight.
Jesus, how the hell do you live like that? Really? HOW?!

Twilight video said:
Twilight is the world I live in, and the air I breathe
Woman you got yourself one messed up world. OH! Edward isn't real by the way.

That was just weird... Too weird.

azurawolf said:
Wow...
I am so happy a book hasn't taken over my life like that.
A Clockwork Orange is an acceptable book to rule your life.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Aura Guardian said:
And now...this thread will have nothing but hate. Just watch.
I'm waiting for it too. My thought on the whole thing was live and let live, as long as I can change the subject to something mutual I don't care what you read/watch/listen/do.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
My vote would be for Harry Potter as the biggest Harry potter fan, looking through some of the videos, his is by far the most entertaining.

As for twilight fans..it all seems the same really, nothing among them really stands out so far, just more videos akin to this.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Ya know.. The Harry Potter fan at least was an artist and aspiring writer... The twilight girl was just creepy...

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
wow... i suddenly feel better about myself. thanks internet!

and the harry potter kid should win

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Isn't "Lautner" the surname of the werewolf's actor?

*checks*

Yes it is. Coincidence or obsession? Then again, if we have "Harry Potter Himself" I suppose both are equally a bit odd.

Obsession to this extent...is probably not terribly helpful. For anything. Though, as long as they continue to live day-to-day and aren't crashing and burning, I guess more power to them if they're happy.

Personally I thought Harry Potter never quite reached the pinnacle that its setting allowed and was a bit unfulfilled - I enjoyed it, but I felt like it was never really explored as much as I'd like - and that Twilight is a terrible series which is so utterly boring it's painful.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
People like that scare the fuck out of me.

The dude is just creepy and awkward and will probably realize that he's wasted a lot of money later on in life, so, you know, whatever.

But the Twilight girl? I mean, yeah:
Aura Guardian said:
And now...this thread will have nothing but hate for the Twilight girl. Just watch.
no shit it will! The girl needs help! She's willing to take a bullet for someone she doesn't even know, just because they're attached to a movie? That's fucking ridiculous!

If her parents knew any better they'd send her to a therapist immediately. That kind of obsession is downright unhealthy, and I seriously hope she realizes it someday.

Also:

AnythingOutstanding said:
UFriday said:
Dear lord...
How obsessed do you have to be?
Not that we can say anything, being on the Escapist and all.
What?