Pick up Beyond Good & Evil for $4

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Pick up Beyond Good & Evil for $4

If you're looking for an early Holiday deal, the PC version of Beyond Good & Evil is on sale today for a price that will please just about anyone.

If you've got a little extra cash to spare this weekend and some free time, PC download site Get Games is offering Beyond Good & Evil for a mere $4 (or £2 for those of you living in the UK). That's actually a pretty big discount, but the deal is (according to Eurogamer) only good for today.

If you've never played Beyond Good & Evil, then you're missing out. The action/adventure title was released during the 2003 Holiday Season and won over the hearts of critics and players thanks to its great story, excellent art style, and wonderful plot. Unfortunately, the game didn't sell terribly well, something that was (at the time) blamed on an over-saturated market.

If this sounds like a deal you'll want to take advantage of, head on over to <a href=http://www.getgamesgo.com/catalogue/game/beyond-good-and-evil>Beyond Good & Evil's page at Get Games and check it out. If nothing else, it's a great game at an awesome price, and it's a good way to kill some time while we wait for Ubisoft to finish working on <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_%26_Evil_2>Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-19-beyond-good-and-evil-for-two-quid>Eurogamer

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Bought it at full Steam price. Had huge issues with it, even after lowering the settings to minimum and a few google searches. Picked up the PS2 version. Had fantastic time. Can't wait for sequel!

Jul 22, 2009
I was really tempted... but I don't play games like this on the PC enough to warrant it.

But I do absolutely love this game.

I'll just wait for the XBLA port! ;)

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Honestly, I never found it worth all the overwhelming praise it received.. but it's definitely worth $4.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Dang, here I was hoping it was being put out on XBox Live Marketplace.

*Sigh* I'll never get to play this game.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
Good Old Games has the game up at $3,50 as a single game (30% discount from the base price), completely DRM free.
If you take the rest of their Ubisoft Catalogue too you get a 50% discount on the entire set including Beyond Good & Evil.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I bought this a while ago, and honestly I'm not too fond of it. I'm not going to turn this into a "why do people have different opinions from me" post, but I wish I'd spent that money on ice cream or something.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Now that game was simply brilliant. However, it's kind of unsuited to the mouse & keyboard control scheme. If you purchase this game (and I highly recommend that you do) I recommend hooking up a controller and downloading a program to map keyboard & mouse commands to your controller. I used the free trial of Pinnacle Game Profiler, it worked long enough for me to finish the game which made it so that I didn't need to buy the full program. I'm not advertising here, I'm sure there are other programs that probably perform the same function a lot better, I'm just trying to help. The one thing the mouse and keyboard is good for is that air hockey-like game with the anthropomorphic shark. Hah, when you're able to type a sentence like that then you know that you've found something good.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The PC version is glitchy, buggy and downright unplayable on 90% of rigs made after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Save yourself the $4.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
Grey Carter said:
The PC version is glitchy, buggy and downright unplayable on 90% of rigs made after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Save yourself the $4.
Which is where the Good Old Games version comes in, as it's tested and fully functional up to and including Vista 64 (W7 isn't tested, but probably works fine).

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
4 bucks is not a bad deal...buuuut I would rather wait to buy it the PS3 version next year. Yeah, it'll cost more and I have to wait long, but getting it for my laptop is risky since I don't play a lot of games on it.

Also I don't see Vista in Requirements.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
I never played much Psychonauts, but I did play BGE and it was awesome.

I've bought it at least twice, and talked a friend into buying it at Virgin.

Even though it bugged out halfway through the second run (let me send you that password... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... hello? password? anybody? *****) it was still worth buying it the second time. If those online vids of the sequel are ever confirmed to be real instead of another hoax I will be so stoked.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Fronzel said:
Great story? Wonderful plot? "Take pictures of the secret aliens so people will know they're bad"?

I liked BG&E, but I don't understand the loving gushing it receives.
maybe because it's original in it's own graphic style, and the storyline is a little different than most, and it has this freeroam liberty to do stuff apart from the main game, and the characters are well impersonated, and there's not so much violence than most games nowadays, and and and...

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Azhrarn-101 said:
Grey Carter said:
Which is where the Good Old Games version comes in, as it's tested and fully functional up to and including Vista 64 (W7 isn't tested, but probably works fine).
Have you tried it personally? If it's really bug free then $4 is a hell of a deal.

Fronzel said:
Great story? Wonderful plot? "Take pictures of the secret aliens so people will know they're bad"?

I liked BG&E, but I don't understand the loving gushing it receives.
Damn! You're right, when you grossly oversimplify a game's plot it does make it sound kind of shitty.

Braid: "Chase your girlfriend who turns out to be a nuclear bomb."
Planescape Torment: "Die lots."
System Shock 2: "Kill mutants on space ship"

MY LIFE IS A LIE.