Take-Two Delays Mafia II, Red Dead Redemption

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Take-Two Delays Mafia II, Red Dead Redemption

Take-Two announced today that Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption have been pushed back to some time between this November and next April.

Just as Take-Two's heavy hitter for 2009, BioShock 2, gets a release date [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91957-BioShock-2-Arrives-This-November], two of its moderately-heavy hitters get delayed. Mafia II, developed by 2K Czech, and Rockstar San Diego's Red Dead Redemption, once poised to make a big splash for Take-Two sometime between now and Halloween this year, may not make it until as late as next Spring.

Both games are suffering delays "to allow additional development time for the titles and to maximize their full potential in terms of the quality of the player experience and market performance," Take-Two explained. Which basically sounds like they just needed a little bit more time in the kitchen.

Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption now have a "first half of fiscal 2010" release window, which stretches from November to next April. So there's still a chance that either game could make it out for the holidays, but who knows. And I was so hoping to give my 10-year-old cousin a copy of Mafia II for Christmas.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Damn I was looking forward to Red Dead Redemption. Oh well, this means they'll have more time to make them awesome right? Let's just hope that they don't 'overcook' the games.

VTSK

Jun 3, 2008
Well, seems like I have nothing to look forward to this year anymore. I suppose Redemption might come out before the year ends, but I doubt it. Will probably have to wait until 2010.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
Noooo I dont want to wait for Mafia!! But I guess Id rather it was finished and late than on time and broken.

Gives me more time to play a few other games this year.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
taxi_driver said:
ahh mafia city of lost haven is in my top 3 best games ever played. the story was a 10/10 so when I heard mafia 2 what's coming I was so happy jumping u[p and down as if I was a little school girl.
but after seeing the game trailer my arms dropped the first game was so good because the story was dark and sad showing the struggles of a mafia family. the trailer was trying to be funny (ohh god) I can see that no mafia game will ever come close to the glory of the first . When it will come out it will be broken and will be treated same as the godfather 2.
Geez... You've just seen a trailer and don't know shit yet.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
taxi_driver said:
Gladion said:
taxi_driver said:
ahh mafia city of lost haven is in my top 3 best games ever played. the story was a 10/10 so when I heard mafia 2 what's coming I was so happy jumping u[p and down as if I was a little school girl.
but after seeing the game trailer my arms dropped the first game was so good because the story was dark and sad showing the struggles of a mafia family. the trailer was trying to be funny (ohh god) I can see that no mafia game will ever come close to the glory of the first . When it will come out it will be broken and will be treated same as the godfather 2.
It will be shit.
Did you see the trailer?
I only hate because of its name if they change it I’ll be ok with it.
The fact that I have seen the trailer doesn't change the fact you don't know shit yet. Besides, it wasn't trying to be funny that hard, and the first Mafia game had it's share of comedy, too.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
taxi_driver said:
Gladion said:
taxi_driver said:
Gladion said:
taxi_driver said:
It will be shit.
Did you see the trailer?
I only hate because of its name if they change it I’ll be ok with it.
The fact that I have seen the trailer doesn't change the fact you don't know shit yet. Besides, it wasn't trying to be funny that hard, and the first Mafia game had it's share of comedy, too.
mafia city of lost haven is still the first and the last game for me so it’s still on top.
I can agree that the game did have hummer but its main focus was on the sad and dark life’s of the family members. And hummer was defiantly NOT the main focus of the game .
And sorry if you are saying the trailer wasn't trying to be funny then u my friend are blind. the entailer trailer was focused on comedy . I’m telling you it will be same as the godfather 2. it will be SHIT!
Then let me just be blind and let's stop this argument this instant because you are not able to not judge an entire game (and all of its possible sequels) based on information you got from less than two minutes of cutscenes.