Explodemon! Lengthens Release Date Fuse

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Explodemon! Lengthens Release Date Fuse

If you've been waiting for Explodemon! to hit the PSN, it turns out you're going to have wait even more.

Explodemon! looks like it's going to be a fun, goofy game for the PS3. Unfortunately, it also looks like gamers are going to have to wait a while longer to actually play it, since the title has been delayed from sometime in Q4 2010 (which is, really, only a month at this point) to sometime in January.

Developer Curve Studios has cited "last minute issues" as the reason for the delay:

"Approaching a senior member of the company for an explanation behind the delay, a slightly panicked man - who asked to not be named - spluttered, 'It was like that when I found it!' before running away, arms windmilling.

"Attempts to retroactively correct this outburst to something more professional proved futile, but we understand it had something to do with 'last-minute fixes' and 'remaining unflinchingly resolute in our desire to only release the most awesome game possible.'

"In short: we're sorry! But it'll really be worth it. Promise."

If you haven't heard of Explodemon! before this point, the game is a 2.5D action platformer that claims to be paying homage to "SNES-era Japanese games." Players control an Ultraman-esque hero who uses his ability to explode to solve puzzles, fly, and fight enemies. Of course, it also sounds like it's a bit of a Splosion Man clone, too, but early footage makes it look like it's at least a good clone.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-01-ps3s-explodemon-delayed>Eurogamer

Apr 28, 2008
Its name makes me think its going to be like pokemon. Only instead of pokemon its explosions.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
If it's a Splosion Man clone, I'll pass. I couldn't stand that game, so boring.

Although maybe if I get to play as Magnezone or some other Pokemon that learns Explode since that's what the name suggests to me...

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
yeah it looks very splosion manish, but i liked splosion man when i tried it and i dont have an xbox so bring on the psn clone ^^, and since i havent heard about it before a delay doesnt matter.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Irridium said:
Its name makes me think its going to be like pokemon. Only instead of pokemon its explosions.
there where plenty of pokemons that exploded, but i kinda like the idea of having a team of explosions you have to battle and level up.

OANST

Aug 10, 2009
No thanks. My heart only has room for one 'sploding man, and it's been given to 'Splosion Man.

Jul 22, 2009
Irridium said:
Damn me too.

OT: Looks okay but I don't own either platform, so I'll stick with raging at 'Splosion mans hardcore mode.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
"Please be bringing it on! I will reduce you into brittleness fluid!"

Fucking sold, give me a copy.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
The fake Engrish is pretty funny, and a game that's pretty much a cross between 'Splosion Man and Mega man sounds interesting; shame I don't own a PS3...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
vansau said:
Of course, it also sounds like it's a bit of a Splosion Man clone, too, but early footage makes it look like it's at least a good clone.
Hmm, I wonder why it isn't seeing an XBLA release...

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
OOoh a Wiiware version too? I'll buy it
Not so much. I'm not sure why the trailer is for a Wiiware version, but the game's official site only talks about PSN.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Both 'Splosion Man and Pokemon's lawyers are going to have a great time with this one...

Looks kinda fun all the same.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
So it looks like a 'Splosion Man ripoff with a Megaman-esque design and a Pokemon/Digimon-esque name. Not really impressed. Also, how can you have a name of "Explodemon" and not give it some kind of fantasy/mythological theme? Hello... ExploDEMON?