Rooster Teeth & Mega 64 Molest The TSA With Satire

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rooster Teeth & Mega 64 Molest The TSA With Satire

According to Rooster Teeth and Mega 64, the TSA and Kinect both love to humiliate the general public.

There really isn't a more despised branch of the government than the Transportation Security Administration, especially now that people are <a href=http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2010-11-30-tsa-pistole-airport-screening_N.htm>up in arms over the TSA's new full bodyscan/invasive patdown procedures that arrived just in time for the Holiday travel season. Rooster Teeth, the group behind <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Red-Blue-Blood-Gulch-Chronicles/dp/B0039ZBM5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291230228&sr=8-1>Red Vs. Blue, and Mega 64 have teamed up to create a video that pretty much eviscerates the agency's latest procedures, based on the premise of a person "opting out" of playing a Kinect game at a party.

The general premise is that a guy says he doesn't want to play a Kinect game because he's not a fan of getting embarrassing pictures taken and put on display in public. When he declines the opportunity to play, some TSA agents unveil themselves and reveal that, while they do work airport security, "taking embarrassing photos of people, humiliating them in public, that's what's big right now."

Things only get more ridiculous and awkward from there, and it's honestly pretty damn funny. For any of us who've had to fly in the U.S. lately, though, it's a scathing parody that highlights just how frustrating it is to deal with the TSA.

Source: <a href=http://www.boingboing.net/2010/11/30/tsa-opt-out-parody-f.html>BoingBoing via <a href=http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/12/01/rooster-teeth-tsa-joke-short>GamePolitics

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I saw this on the rooster teeth site. It was epic!

Not really sure it needs a topic on the Escapist, though, but still funny.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Seen this already, but, hey, awesome video, I enjoyed it greatly.

That's what, the second video of their collab with the Mega64 crew?

So, yeah, I do believe this deserves a news post.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
"Sir, do you have any physical malformaties that may have produced some extra set of genitalia, that we could fondle?"

Hm... that is all. Could have been better though. Not bad either.

Is it that bad with your "Security" over there? Hm... and they slowly going nuts here in germany too. We are just a few years behind the U.S.A in paranoid crazyness... but we are getting there *g*.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:

If only the OP would actually mention Mega64.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
CarrionRoc said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

Okay then.

vansau said:
Hey, Mike (if I remember correctly), would you mind putting the fact that it's a collab production in the news article? Pretty please? It's really not fair to write this video down as a single effort, when the Mega 64 guys do such a great job at being delightfully discomforting?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Great video. Aren't those the guys from Mega64, though?

Collaborations are great.
"I'm feeling so fuckin' secure right now!"

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Pretty funny parody for such a topic about paranoia.

Seriously I'm thinking the terrorist are felling pretty accomplished right now, seeing as they got airport security all paranoid and scared that they revert to groping and semi-nude scans for all passengers.

Sorry, for kind of going off topic. Again funny vid.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Joel is probably the funniest guy at Roosterteeth.
"So if we were to feel each other up in front of you, would you be uncomfortable."
"Yes, very uncomfortable."

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Saw this last night and LOVED it. Rooster Teeth really hasn't failed me once over the last 4 years I've watched them, and to me that speaks great things.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I said it on the Rooster Teeth website at episode launch and I'll say it again here: this video is amazingly topical, and should be sent to the TSA immediately.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
"I feel so fucking secure right now!"

That was awesome. I've never seen anything unfunny from Rooster Teeth, and kudos to the Mega64 guys as well.

warboss5

Mar 17, 2010
CarrionRoc said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

/agree
The article should be modified to include Mega 64's contribution. Make it happen Escapist.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I love those RoosterTeeth guys so much. This video kicks so much ass.

Though you should have mentioned that Mega64 is working with them on this video as well, as with the rest of their videos this week.