Enjoy Classic Books as Novel Posters

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Enjoy Classic Books as Novel Posters

These classic novels look so good, you'll probably want to hang an entire library on your wall.

Finding the perfect poster to hang on your wall is no easy task, especially once you've left college and smutty beer ads are no longer considered appropriate for polite company. If you happen to be looking for something that is both elegant, clever, and lovely to look at (or you just happen to be a huge book nerd), you might want to consider picking up some wall art from Postertext [http://postertext.com/].

The Canada-based group is taking public domain novels and turning them into silhouette posters that look surprisingly great. The attached image is for Alice in Wonderland. Other poster-ized novels include Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, and The Time Machine.

Most of the posters are priced for less than $35 Canadian. The group is also committed to adding new posters to its catalog every week. The next two posters are Little Women and Heart of Darkness.

Source: Postertext [http://postertext.com/] via io9

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
That was such a terrible pun. I mean really?
Still, the posters themselves are very clever, like reverse ASCII art.
[sub]I appear to have made the primary comment in this thread, I wonder if there is a witty, yet concise way of broadcasting this fact...[/sub]

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Does look pretty decent; I would like a black background though.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
drbarno said:
How big is it really? there's no mention of size at all.
Yeah, if it's the size of your wall, you MIGHT be able to read it with a magnifying glass. The size of a regular poster? An open end microscope will do the trick, I suppose.

Of course, it's probably not even supposed to be read, is it?

Laminator5

Nov 30, 2010
I would need to be huge for the text to be readable without a magnifying glass (which is only really appropriate with the Holmes books)

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Averant said:
drbarno said:
How big is it really? there's no mention of size at all.
Yeah, if it's the size of your wall, you MIGHT be able to read it with a magnifying glass. The size of a regular poster? An open end microscope will do the trick, I suppose.

Of course, it's probably not even supposed to be read, is it?
Which meaqns there's really no point to them. Too big to fit on a wall. And I prefer to read books I can hold in my hand.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Looks great (specially the alice one). To bad i really have no wall space left to hang such a poster.

xc00l n3rdx

Nov 6, 2010
I think the poster is amazing, this is my favorite film (new and old) and my favorite book.

If i lived in or near Canada I would definitely buy it but I am in England and it would cost more than the poster to get it over here :(

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
You forgot to mention the $40 shipping cost to get it over to the UK :p
But that's my best mates christmas present sorted!

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Blah, the Ulysses poster only uses the first four chapters. I was just getting excited at the thought of having the entire text on my wall, it means I might actually finish it someday.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
These look pretty awesome, although I can't imagine how difficult it'd be to actually read it. My sister refuses to get me another Star Wars calendar for Christmas, so maybe she'll consider getting the Metamorphosis poster for me.

Logic Sword

Jun 8, 2010
The text is readable with the naked eye by anyone with normal eyesight, according to them.

I might buy one... Wait, £25 for shipping? No thanks.

booktextpostersUK

Mar 31, 2012
An effective book poster can pull in readers by attracting them to the storyline or subject matter and persuade them to spend time with your words or your characters. Book Text Posters - http://www.booktextposters.co.uk/