Zelda Fan Plays Mind-Blowing Wineglass Symphony

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Zelda Fan Plays Mind-Blowing Wineglass Symphony

It's one thing to teach yourself to play the Song of Healing from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It's another thing to turn it into stunning performance art.

I've always thought wineglass xylophones were kind of cool. You know, you fill a bunch of glasses with different amounts of water to produce different tones when struck - and some people are really, really good at using wineglasses to play music. YouTube user Sp0ontanius [http://www.youtube.com/user/Sp0ntanius],however, takes things to a mind-blowing level with this cover of the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask.

Sure, it starts out simple enough. "Oh, how cute," you might say, "He's playing five different parts by himself. That must take some impressive timing and a lot of practice."

Then the camera tricks start, and I have trouble keeping up with everything that's happening on-screen. I can't even imagine how many tries it took to get this right. Oh sure, the Zelda cover is awesome (do the Requiem of Spirit next!), but it's the performance here that really sells it.

I can't even play one set of wineglasses. Way to make me feel inadequate, dude.

(Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/08/youtube-musician-covers-zeldas-song-of-healing-on-wine-glasses/])

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Water amazing video! I don't mean to wine, but that guy is a bad-gl-ass!

EDIT: I regret nothing

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Wow, someone has too much time on their hands. But still, that was pretty impressive. I don't remember the song in particular, but that version sounded very... haunting? Creepy, or however you want to say it. It sounded like something from a horror film to me.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
water amazing video! That guy is a bad-gl-ass!
I am now going to wine about the horrible puns you've orchestrated.

Awesome video, does he have more? Would love a more iconic song (I never played Majora's Mask.)

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Kapol said:
I don't remember the song in particular
Optimystic said:
Awesome video, does he have more? Would love a more iconic song (I never played Majora's Mask.)
And this is where I step in to cast down the heretics.
*pumps shotgun*

Anyway, that was a bloody awesome performance, and a fantastic song choice.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Optimystic said:
The Cheezy One said:
water amazing video! That guy is a bad-gl-ass!
I am now going to wine about the horrible puns you've orchestrated.

The Mario Bros. Theme, perhaps? That will be a tough one... O_O

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Outright Villainy said:
Kapol said:
I don't remember the song in particular
Optimystic said:
And this is where I step in to cast down the heretics.
*pumps shotgun*
In my defense, I haven't played Majora's Mask in likely 5 or more years. Though you've gotta do what you've gotta do. :p

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Great song, nice editing, cool use of wine glasses. And Majora's Mask music is awesome.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Duuuuuude
DUUUUUUDE That was so damn cool.
This guy he wins.
edit:
My favorite comment on the youtube page: "Now you're thinking with Portals!"
lawl

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
This is awesome. Impeccable timing with all 9 cameras. He's got talent and played with one of my favorite music in Majora's Mask.

Full of win.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I- I don't know what to say.

He made me feel incredibly relaxed. Thank you, kind sir, and Funk for showing.

I don't know what's with this song, but it's so soothing, though sad. I need to play Majora's Mask again.