Watch Escapist Video on iDevices with Publishers Club and Help Charity!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Watch Escapist Video on iDevices with Publishers Club and Help Charity!

Join the Publishers Club, watch Zero Punctuation and other video content on your iPad for a year, and help charity while you're at it.

The Escapist Publisher's Club is the best way to receive all of your favorite editorial and video content on our site. The awesome part is that once you sign up for the Pub Club, you are a member for a whole year and you get to enjoy a whole bunch perks available only to you. The Publisher's Club only costs $20, and in keeping with the spirit of giving this holiday season, up until December 31, 2010, we will be donating 50 percent of every subscription to the Child's Play charity. Child's Play provides game consoles and titles to children's hospitals around the world. That's not the only way that we're celebrating the holiday spirit; you can also now send a Publisher's Club subscription to a friend. What better way is there to spread some holiday cheer by donating games and consoles to kids than treating yourself or your friends to a subscription to some of the best videogame content on the web?

You can find out all about the awesome benefits of the Publisher's Club at this page here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/], but here's a sneak peak of what you get with an annual membership to the Publisher's Club:

Watch all of our video content in the highest quality available, including newly posted material and all of our archived content.
Not only that, but you can now watch video with an HTML 5 video player that is compatible with the iPhone, iPad and other iDevices.
All advertisements (including videos) are turned off and the ad banners are all replaced with random comics from Shamus Young and mottoes from other Pub Club members.
Exclusive forums for Publisher's Club members.Bonus content like behind-the-scenes videos and outtakes.
An RSS feed with all of our content including video podcasts.
A bunch of discounts and sales for all of your nerd supply needs like fantasy swords and weapons, RPG books and gaming gear.
Sneak peak at new shows.
Custom title displayed above your avatar for when you post on the forums.
And a ton more!

It's hard to believe that you can enjoy all of these perks for a whole year by only forking over $20. Again, until the end of the year, half of each subscription will go to Child's Play, so there's no reason not to head over to this page and sign up for The Escapist Publisher's Club today! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/]

And if that wasn't enough, perhaps a dancing imp can convince you?

[video=2540]

Direbetus

Nov 30, 2010
Why can you only watch the videos on the iPad for a year? I don't have an iPad of my own, I use an actual laptop instead, but still. That seems like somewhat of a ripoff to me.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Direbetus said:
Why can you only watch the videos on the iPad for a year? I don't have an iPad of my own, I use an actual laptop instead, but still. That seems like somewhat of a ripoff to me.
Well, i think it's because the 20$ is for being in the PubClub for one year. And all that time you get to watch videos on your iDevices.
At least i think it's so....

EDIT: sweeeeet, i got ninja'd. And all i wanted was to be helpful for even once...

Direbetus

Nov 30, 2010
chemicalreaper said:
Direbetus said:
That's how long the subscription lasts.

OT: I think I'll pass, again. Thank you, but I really only come here for the forums... the only thing I watch semi-frequently is Extra Credits, and I don't think that's worth $20/year. Sorry.
I thought the pub club was a once in a lifetime payment?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Direbetus said:
chemicalreaper said:
Direbetus said:
That's how long the subscription lasts.

OT: I think I'll pass, again. Thank you, but I really only come here for the forums... the only thing I watch semi-frequently is Extra Credits, and I don't think that's worth $20/year. Sorry.
I thought the pub club was a once in a lifetime payment?
Nope. You have to renew your subscription every year.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Ha! I don't own any Apple products! You failed again at enticing me to become a Pub-Club member!

[sup]Only interesting thing is that custom title. I want one.[/sup]

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Guys...

Think about a handful of things that you can get for $20. Think about the magnitude of the positive benefit they have on your life.

Now, imagine for a moment that, for a whole year, you would never have to see another SlimJim ad.

What's that worth to you?

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
chemicalreaper said:
OT: I think I'll pass, again. Thank you, but I really only come here for the forums...
How about an extra-special secret forum only available to Pub Club members?

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
ewhac said:
Guys...

Think about a handful of things that you can get for $20. Think about the magnitude of the positive benefit they have on your life.

Now, imagine for a moment that, for a whole year, you would never have to see another SlimJim ad.

...About $10. Why I signed up during Desert Bus. $10 for The Escapist. $10 toward's LRR's suffering (and Child's Play). Best way to think of it, honestly, and made the whole thing worth it.

Best $10 I ever spent, BTW.

Alex Ford

Oct 27, 2009
I guess U.S. prices (or where ever you live) are different, but in Norway a monthly magazine (e.g. MAD, Empire) will cost you about 18 USD, and a Pub Club membership will cost 20 for a year with, hundreds of hours of entertainment. To me the choice was obvious.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
chemicalreaper said:
Russ Pitts said:
chemicalreaper said:
OT: I think I'll pass, again. Thank you, but I really only come here for the forums...
How about an extra-special secret forum only available to Pub Club members?
That does sound very enticing, but I have enough trouble keeping up with all of the topics posted in the regular forums! Hence the reason why I've pretty much limited myself to posting in the user reviews section... otherwise, threads just get swamped too quickly.

And the custom user title... mmm, okay, fine: you've won this round, Russ Pitts! But I don't have a job at the moment, so money is at a premium, and a dollar is more valuable to me than even a video game (that's a shocker!!)...
Fair enough. We know a lot of people can't even afford the measly $20, which is why we will always have our website here for you - for free.

But if you can ever afford to part with 20 of those US dollars, we'd sincerely appreciate it if you'd send them our way. Keeping this website going is a job for us. A great job, for sure, but we do still rely on it to pay our bills.

We don't ask for donations because, honestly, we think that would be insulting to you. But we'll take the equivalent of a $20 donation in exchange for turning off ads (including the Slim Jim ad), upping the quality of the videos and all of the other fine extras we offer to members of the PubClub.

The Morrigan

Wharrgarble
Nov 23, 2010
Greg Tito said:
And if that wasn't enough, perhaps a dancing imp can convince you?
Man, If I hadn't already joined the Pub Club during Desert Bus, that dancing imp totally would have convinced me.

ewhac said:

So much. So, so much.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
What? A reason for me to join the Pub Club? That one cherry on top that's sealed the deal?

...damn you all.