Preview: DC Universe Online

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Preview: DC Universe Online

SOE might actually pull off this action MMO hybrid.

Read Full Article

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Yeah. This game looks incredible. I'll definitely be trying it when it's released.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
it plays like Vindictus! WOOOOOO

move over SW:TOR, DCUO is my next paid MMO! :3

OmegaAlucard777

Sep 20, 2010
I can say myself. It is absolutely awesome. Nothing is more awesome as running into The Flash in Gotham... then nothing is more Horrifying when you remember you are a villian and your flying backwards after Flash punches you in the face. Ahhh... Good times.

zaphod121

Nov 15, 2010
Demo is a lot of fun. Could use some bigger txt boxes and a better lock on system w/ strafe. I keep locking on bad guys and shooting behind me at nothing. It's bad that I have to lean forward to read some of the txt boxes and I'm playing on a big scrn can't imagine how they look on a small TV

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Damn those people who got into demo! Damn them!

This is the only game besides TOR that looks like I might be willing to pay for on a monthly base. Why can't we just give the Flash a lightsaber and call it a day?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmmm sorry but I am still not convince (I was put off from seeing that Scarecrow demo months ago) but I dunno, from the video it still look interesting (I hope they give it open play weekend to the public)

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
Looks great, and I'm happy to hear the PS3 buttons work well for combat. I hope the controller works well for the rest of the game too.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Interesting how a game can go from looking like a coded turd in nearly all aspects to looking... well... interesting. Could it really be that all it previously lacked was polish...?

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
if i get a better machine till then, that might cure me from my "all mmo's get boring after 2 weeks" syndrome.....do i want that?

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Yeah it sounds pretty cool, but as I've said many times before I can't stand the thought of paying for the exact same game multiple times, even if the price isn't as high after the first time.

Feb 13, 2008
It's good. There's still some things to fix in it, but going against Scarecrow as Bats aide is as good as taking him on in Arkham Asylum, and there's little that can top that.

If you liked CoH, get it. It's not quite as good someways, but it's better in others. The main problem you'll get is a blister from the mouse/joypad.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Did I see 10 mouse icons on the screen for clicking 10 times for the arial attack? Were you playing the beta on a PC?

If so, then it will be hard to generalize its performance and playability on the PS3.

Still, it looks hot, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it regardless.