Question of the Day, December 16, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, December 16, 2010

Yesterday we learned that the second pay-what-you-want Humble Indie Bundle had earned hundreds of thousands of dollars in one day [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106160-Notch-Helps-Humble-Indie-Bundle-2-Earn-500-000-in-One-Day]. Will you buy it, too?

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Just bought it. The only game that interested me was Revenge of the Titans though...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Never cared much for indie games.
Won't buy it, didn't know what it was before this thread.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Not this time. Last time, Aquaria really interested me.

This time, nothing I want, really.

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
I'm getting it. I really do want to support the indie developers, as I feel that there is a lot of good talent that is going to waste. I'm not saying that indie stuff is better by default, but that many people with good ideas are left out in the cold because they don't have the right connections. They're certainly getting a good amount of money from me.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i've tried a bunch of indie games from friends who've bought them...the problem is none of them made me want to replay them. Its fun while playing, but afterward you just forget about them. So can't say i plan on buy any indie game bundles :(

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
What fucking tears me up is that ALL you hear from ignorant non-gamers nowadays is how morally bankrupt, deviant and harmful gaming culture is.

Yet, it's pretty clear how charitable gamers can be.

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
i've tried a bunch of indie games from friends who've bought them...the problem is none of them made me want to replay them. Its fun while playing, but afterward you just forget about them. So can't say i plan on buy any indie game bundles :(
Try Super Meat Boy.

As for HIB2 - there's at least one worthy game.

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
DP155ToneZone said:
What fucking tears me up is that ALL you hear from ignorant non-gamers nowadays is how morally bankrupt, deviant and harmful gaming culture is.

Yet, it's pretty clear how charitable gamers can be.
By the end of next year, The Child's Play Charity will have earned in excess of $10,000,000. Those sorts of figures should shut almost any naysayer up.
It won't, though.

Ignorant morons are hate mongering. They always will be.

zmanu

Nov 18, 2009
I already have Braid and Machinarium and the other games don't interest me; I still have too much to play through from previous sales. I haven't even touched Gish from the first bundle, for example.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
ZeppMan217 said:
DTWolfwood said:
Try Super Meat Boy.

As for HIB2 - there's at least one worthy game.
yeh games with punishing difficulty are even farther from my list than just mindless fun indie games. Don't have the time or patience anymore to be frustrated at every turn. <.<

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Probably not. None of the games really interest me, and I have enough games in the "list of stuff I haven't touched yet" to still get to... Need to try and knock a few out before Steam's Christmas Sale again...