Adventure With a Dainty Poodle Companion in Fable III DLC

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

Meet the fearsome revolutionary of Albion and his trusty adventuring companion, a poodle with one of those silly-looking floofy French cuts.

In Fable III as in Fable II, your hero has a faithful canine companion as he (or she) foments revolution in industrial-era Albion. It seems that Lionhead has realized that gamers really like their four-legged friends - perhaps from the outcry over certain events in Fable II - and so will be releasing an entire mini-DLC pack all about doggies.

The Dog Breed Pack, which releases today for 240 MS Points, will let players adventure with their choice of three different dog breeds: a Doberman pinscher, a German Shepard, and a poodle. One of those things doesn't seem like the others.

Now, don't get me wrong, poodles are pretty badass. They're smart as hell, they're incredibly fierce in a fight (especially if their master is in danger), and they're very talented when trained. I'm not taking any umbrage with the fact that the poodle is there.

Just ... why did they have to give it the French cut? Now nobody is going to take my fearsome battle-poodle seriously.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Rofl hey nothing emasculate you more than getting your head chewed off by a french cut poodle XD
(guess one can argue it wouldnt matter if your head is chewed off eh? XD)

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Who liked the dog enough to spend, what, 5 bucks (stupid ass points systems) on it?

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Hey Lionhead, heres an idea. FINISH THE PC VERSION BEFORE YOU RELEASE DLC! (please excuse the rage. But it had to be said.)

Buchichu

Apr 2, 2010
Love that there's finally a Sheppard breed...maybe dainty Queen will like a poodle. It would be nice if the DLC bread a little brains into the dog though. Damn, Fable III's dog is stupid.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
All poodles have french cuts. They tend to overheat and die without them. At least that's what my veterinarian aunt says.

Le Tueur said:
Now if they could get to the "Fable III for PC" DLC, then I'll be set.
Yeah that annoyed me too until I realized that it would inevitably use GFWL, so I stopped caring.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]Who liked the dog enough to spend, what, 5 bucks (stupid ass points systems) on it?
240 MS Points is $3 USD, just fyi. 80 MSP is one dollar, that's the easiest way to remember and calculate. Yes its confusing as hell and not user friendly at all. Still, that's $3 I wouldn't waste on dog skins.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Does not like the French cut Poodle! Does not like!

(and also, I don't think the other dog is a German Shepard. If I remember right it's something that begins w/ an 'A'. Unless that's another name for the shepard.)

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
soren7550 said:
(and also, I don't think the other dog is a German Shepard. If I remember right it's something that begins w/ an 'A'. Unless that's another name for the shepard.)
Wouldn't happen to be Alsatian would it? That's another name for German Shepherd.

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
John Funk said:

Just ... why did they have to give it the French cut? Now nobody is going to take my fearsome battle-poodle seriously.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Release it to PC already! I WANT IT NAO! RARGH!

DTWolfwood said:
Rofl hey nothing emasculate you more than getting your head chewed off by a french cut poodle XD
(guess one can argue it wouldnt matter if your head is chewed off eh? XD)
And this. Nothing is as humilating then getting killed by a french cut poddle.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
archvile93 said:
All poodles have french cuts. They tend to overheat and die without them. At least that's what my veterinarian aunt says.
Well, not quite. You do need to trim a poodle's hair, certainly, but you don't have to go for the silly French cut - you can simply trim a standard poodle's fur to a nice short length in summertime.

Even if you do want to shave them down to their skin, you certainly don't have to leave the pom poms on the tail or the butt.

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
Fr said:
anc[is]Who liked the dog enough to spend, what, 5 bucks (stupid ass points systems) on it?
240 MS Points is $3 USD, just fyi. 80 MSP is one dollar, that's the easiest way to remember and calculate. Yes its confusing as hell and not user friendly at all. Still, that's $3 I wouldn't waste on dog skins.
What he means is you have to shell out $5 to get it if you have no points, thanks to the point system not being a standard value you can just buy what you want. So if you get nothing on XBL normally and just want this, it's still $5 coming out of you.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
soren7550 said:
Wouldn't happen to be Alsatian would it? That's another name for German Shepherd.
Yeah, that's it.

I've never heard a German Shepard referred to as an Alsatian though. Is that an English thing or am I just stupid?

Oh, in case you were wondering what the other two look like:
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/File:F3_DLC_Doberman.jpg
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/File:F3_DLC_Alsatian.jpg

Don't forget there's a Yule Hat to be downloaded for free as well!

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
John Funk said:

Meet the fearsome revolutionary of Albion and his trusty adventuring companion, a poodle with one of those silly-looking floofy French cuts.

Now, don't get me wrong, poodles are pretty badass. They're smart as hell, they're incredibly fierce in a fight (especially if their master is in danger), and they're very talented when trained. I'm not taking any umbrage with the fact that the poodle is there.

"That's the point, psychological warfare. Your enemies will fall into a false sense of security."