Chill Out With our Ice Level Quiz!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Chill Out With our Ice Level Quiz!

Better warm up, because this quiz is cold.

Ice levels. You know them; they're everywhere in videogames. A franchise can't go two installments (if that) without sending the player to adventure in a frozen land of ice and snow. Maybe it's that snow makes a dramatic backdrop for climactic duels. Maybe it's that the cold is irrevocably associated with death in our minds.

Maybe they just want to make puzzles where the character slides all over the place. Who knows?

Since it's getting cold in our neck of the woods this time of year (okay, okay, it's getting cold for North Carolina; it's a relative thing) we thought we'd celebrate the Winter Solstice with a quiz all about these icy levels in gaming.

If you think you've got what it takes, then bundle up and take our quiz here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/127]. As always, you can try as many times as you like - but your time will be reflected on our leaderboards.

Take The Escapist's Ice Level Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/127]!

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i knew 1 answer (the Zelda one) and still managed to get 6/10. awesome. good quiz. no Phendrana Drift question? shame

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
50%,

I love ice levels, but I know nothing of the PC titles or anything Nintendo related.

Bring on Skyrim, time to hang out with the Nords in the cold!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I'm surprised that the Escapist had a question related to that one game (you know the one).

Anyways, I did better on that than I thought.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Grouchy Imp said:
Oh yeah! 10%! Read it and weep!

[sub]I know I will....[/sub]
You and me both brother!

The worst part is, so many questions I could narrow down to probably two answers, and each time I picked the wrong one.

Oh yeah... Screw you Capcom, for sucking at naming mega man bosses! I have played so much mega man, and yet I can't remember your silly ice names.

This is harder than a lot of your epic quizzes from the past! Not that you should take that as a challenge or anything, oh god please noooooooo ... ... ...

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
The only one I knew was the Diablo question... >.> I love Harrogath. Still, I somehow got 3/10. Yay for random guessing, I suppose.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Escapist's Ice Level Quiz. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/127-The-Escapists-Ice-Level-Quiz]

Third place after 5 tries? Wow, this quiz was really cool! (no pun intended)

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
This taken me ages due to tthe fact my drains frozen and i had to go out and pore boiling water down them.. also the fact i didnt know some of the games. I got 70% in the end.. i am dissapoint =[

TioShard

Oct 14, 2009
I got 6/10 but only actually knew the answer to 1. A much higher score than expected but hard to feel good over guesses.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
_Janny_ said:
The only one I knew was the Diablo question... >.> I love Harrogath. Still, I somehow got 3/10. Yay for random guessing, I suppose.
Are you me, sir? Because that is me right there.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
5 out of 10? Better than I expected.

Only knew the Banjo-Tooie and Star Wars questions, the rest I just guessed.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
50%. Fine by me considering I wouldn't touch about half of the games listed in the quiz.