This iPad Game is Just For Your Cat

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
This iPad Game is Just For Your Cat

Humans need not apply.

We've known for the better part of a year that kitties really appreciate the touch-screen functionality of Apple's iPad [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99975-The-iPad-So-Simple-a-Cat-Can-Use-It], so it's wonder that it's taken someone so long to make a game that caters explicitly to our feline friends.

But that's exactly what the iPad Game for Cats [http://www.ipadgameforcats.com/] is. It's a free app you can download for your iPad that will display one of cats' two favorite things: a laser pointer dot or a cartoon mouse. The cat can play with it. That's the entire game, right there.

I think the best part of the promotional video you see here to the right isn't the cats that are so obviously enjoying their new high-tech toy, but the dog who isn't having any of it. He's too hardcore for this casual cat crap.

(iPad Game for Cats [http://www.ipadgameforcats.com/] - thanks for sending it in, Jordan!)

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
They should of put videos on that caption saying, "See? Its for cats. Cats love it." and "This dog is not a cat. It does not like this app because this app is for cats."

It just is adorable!

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
In one of the related videos, the cat actually lifted the iPad trying to find the mouse.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Better make sure the cat is declawed it you don't want a scratched screen...
that was my first thought as well...
I've never lived with a cat that wouldn't destroy such a device... but every cat I've lived with has been an indoor-outdoor small game hunter.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Go dog! Leave those cats to their stupid games, go play your FPS on a galaxy tab or something! :p

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Have my expensive iPad scratched to bits for a few minutes of entertainment for the cat? You been drinking?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I had my cat trying to get the mouse on my HDtv made me laugh for a while.

Also the song for the video is called Anamanaguchi- My Skateboard Will Go On.

Direwolf750

Apr 14, 2010
this makes me so happy...a legitimate reason to use an IPad. ANONYMOUS! we found the solution! now the lolcatz can be appeased.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
Direwolf750 said:
this makes me so happy...a legitimate reason to use an IPad. ANONYMOUS! we found the solution! now the lolcatz can be appeased.
i thought they wanted cheezeburgerz and enjoyed watching ppl masterbate?

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
The iPads screen is ridiculously scratch resistant. It will take more than just a few minutes of kitty claws to do anything to it.

Try one and I'm sure you see what I am saying.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
We need an Android version of this. My cat loves the Zippo lighter app on my phone, keeps him amused for literally minutes before it drains the entire battery...

Shadow-Phoenix said:
Also the song for the video is called Anamanaguchi- My Skateboard Will Go On.
Yes. Yes it is. Which brings me onto my other reason for commenting:

Videos of cats doing something cute = me exploding with happy.
Anamanaguchi = me exploding with happy.

A video of cats doing cute things with my second-favourite Anamanaguchi song playing over the top of it? Well done Escapist for bringing this to my attention, you just made my entire week.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
LightOfDarkness said:
Ophiuchus said:
Videos of cats doing something cute = me exploding with happy.
Anamanaguchi = me exploding with happy.
Did you explode into explosions?
I did, exploded into explosions... which then exploded.

Y'know how sometimes words lose all shape and meaning after typing them a few times? Yeah...

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
I downloaded this for my iPad and she flipped the iPad over looking for the red dot. If you want to play the mouse part you have to pay for it though. VERY misleading.