BioWare Founders Entering the Hall of Fame

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
BioWare Founders Entering the Hall of Fame

It turns out that making top quality games for a decade and a half will get you noticed.

BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk - collectively known as "The Doctors" - are to be inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame [http://www.interactive.org/special_awards/index.asp] at the DICE conference in February. It will be the first time that AIAS has inducted multiple people into the Hall in the same year.

The pair, along with Augustine Yip, founded BioWare in 1995 after leaving medical school, and have since gone on to create much loved games like Knights of the Old Republic, the Mass Effect series, and Dragon Age. In a statement, AIAS president Martin Raen said that the Doctors embodied what it meant to be Hall of Fame inductee, and the range of their talents - from game design, to leadership and business acumen, and even their original vocation as physicians - was endless.

Muzyka said that he and Zeschuk shared the honor with all the members of BioWare, who - along with a shared vision of quality and entrepreneurship - were the secret to BioWare's success. Zeschuk thanked his and Muzyka's respective wives for their support over the years, as well as the families of their employees. He also said that it meant a great deal to him that he could stand beside his business partner and friend as the first people to be inducted into the Hall of Fame simultaneously.

Epic Games president Mike Capps will present the Doctors with their award. Previous winners include Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, Maxis founder Will Wright and id's John Carmack.

Source: USA Today [http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/12/biowares-mass-effect-on-video-games-results-in-hall-of-fame-induction/1]

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Congratulations to them. Ive only been playing Bioware games for so long but loved every single one. Couldnt think of better developers to join, Maybe Tim Schafar will be accepted next year.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Good, they really deserve it. Everyone at BioWare deserves to be noticed for all the brilliant games they've created.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Considering the level of quality and consistency in their work, there's nothing for me to do here but applaud and congratulate them.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Congratulations to the good Doctors. They are some of the finest game designers of our time, and the award couldn't go to more deserving recipients.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I'm Commander Shephard, and this is my favorite developer on the Citadel.

Seriously though, congrats guys, you've earned it.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Grey_Focks said:
I'm Commander Shephard, and this is my favorite developer on the Citadel.
DAMN ninja'd!

They do deserve it for making epic games of epicocity!

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Congratulations Ray and Greg, I have loved every game of yours that I have played, and that is why Bioware is my favorite developer. They just make good games. You guys definitely deserve the award.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Well Deserved. Keep on Keeping On Docs! Now whats the Release date on ME3 dammit! XD

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
Good, they really deserve it. Everyone at BioWare deserves to be noticed for all the brilliant games they've created.
And then the world will burst into flames and be hurled into the intergalactic void.

OT: Good for them, BioWare have been making my heroin for a long time and I've never had to do anything horrendous to play their games.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Have only played a few Bioware games, but every one I've played have been awesome.
Congratulations!