Man Proposes As A Muppet, Girlfriend Obviously Says Yes

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Man Proposes As A Muppet, Girlfriend Obviously Says Yes

Not content with just popping the question, Sid Ceasar proposed with a fake movie trailer featuring himself and his girlfriend as Muppets.

Photographer Sid Ceasar had been dating his girlfriend, Sara, for about ten years. He decided the time had come to propose, but wanted to do it in a unique way. So he ordered custom-made Muppets that resembled the two of them, filmed a fake movie trailer, and slipped the fake trailer into the real previews at a local movie theater.

He ordered the Muppets themselves through FAO Schwartz's Muppet Whatnot Workshop [http://www.fao.com/whatnots/index.jsp;jsessionid=KXv2NLVTgN7TVXy7p1ytLBh2NfQ3vVjhgZW680vLk4lyQpXpxTLV!753308805], and costumed them with a trip to Babies 'R' Us. The trailer filming, editing, and showing went smoothly, and Sara said yes.

Ceasar made the finished trailer available on YouTube for friends and family unable to be in the audience at the original airing, and has a behind-the-scenes video on his photography blog.

Source: Blastr [http://ceaserphotography.com/blog/archives/192]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Pretty creative. If Jim Henson was still alive, I am sure he would have loved seeing this.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Surprisingly touching, gotta be said.
He's pretty good at Halo too, especially for a puppet.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
that's pretty awesome :)

my best friend actually proposed to his wife while dressed up as a big teddy bear. he was pretending to be part of some promotion for some store in the mall, and ambushed her and then pulled out the ring. it was pretty perfect.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
HOT DAMN, that guy is hot to trott!

A lot better than my Timmy Hoe's propose with a crueler idea

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
that is so awesome! and they guy is a keeper!
those puppets are even better! I so want to get one that looks like me!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Not a fan of the song, but that won't stop me from absolutely loving this video! Definitely the best is when he's playing the video game and his little Muppety hands are going all crazy. Muppets make everything superior!

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Aaaaaw thats sweet.
and im all out of bubblegum.
[small]lulwut???[/small]

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't see how anybody could say 'no' to that. It was very sweet and fills me with ideas for my own future.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
You can get Muppets custom made? That kicks ass! Oh year and the proposal was good etc. etc.

No in all seriousness it was a very touching display.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Yay for geeky guys doing creative things to impress their women!

Really wish I would have thought of this when I proposed.