Indie iPhone Sale (Sort Of) Mirrors Humble Indie Bundle

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Indie iPhone Sale (Sort Of) Mirrors Humble Indie Bundle

If you're a fan of of indie games for the iPhone, then this sale's totally for you.

Hot on the heels of <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106298-Humble-Indie-Bundle-2-Hits-Steam-Breaks-1-2-Million>the Humble Indie Bundle #2, another group of game developers have put together a sale that benefits the Child's Play charity. However, there are a couple of differences between this and the Humble Indy Bundle: these games are all for the iPhone and you don't have a choice on the price.

Dubbed the Indie iPhone Holiday Sale, the games are selling for $0.99 each. As opposed to the Humble Indie Bundle, which lumps its games together into one unit and allows shoppers to name their own donation amount, this is a non-negotiable amount. One third of the price (after Apple's cut is deducted) is donated to Child's Play. The sale is currently going on until December 31.

The sale includes the following games: Canabalt, Solipskier, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Osmos, Drop7, and Eliss, all of which we can safely say are required for your iPhone to work properly. I've played Spider and Osmos, and those two games alone totally make the sale a worthwhile purchase if you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone. Plus, you know, the fact that it's a little more money to an incredibly worthy charity.

Source: Joystiq

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
This isn't a bad idea. Obviously they're ripping off the Humble Indie Bundle, but that's not quite a bad thing since that sale was so good and for a good cause.

Of course, I don't have an iPhone, but I guess this is nice for people who do?

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
Hmm, where can I find this on the in-phone app store? Can't seem to find it right now.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
vansau said:
Dubbed the Indie iPhone Holiday Sale, the bundle is selling for $0.99. As opposed to the Humble Indie Bundle, which allows shoppers to name their own donation amount, this is a non-negotiable amount. One third of the price (after Apple's cut is deducted) is donated to Child's Play. The sale is currently going on until December 31.
Umm looking at the site quickly it days $0.99 each. Not for all of them.

Giftmacher

Jul 22, 2008
Looks good although it's a bit disappointing to see Apple are still taking a cut when this is for charity. I wonder did anyone ask them to donate their slice of the pie?

-Gift.