Graverobber Starts Early, Steals Game Boy From Teen's Coffin

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Graverobber Starts Early, Steals Game Boy From Teen's Coffin

A Pennsylvania man is wanted by authorities for taking a Game Boy from the casket of a 17-year-old boy who was killed in a car accident on Christmas Day.

I don't think there's much that can top stealing consoles from kids with cancer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106027-Scumbag-Steals-Game-Consoles-From-Kids-With-Cancer], but with very time left to decide, we have a sudden new challenger in the running for "Biggest Douchebag of 2010": 37-year-old Jody Lynn Bennett of Mentcle, PA.

Bennett is wanted by state police in conjunction with the theft of a Game Boy, Game Boy Light, and three games from the casket of Bradley "Boog" David-McCombs Jr., 17, who died Saturday when he flipped his SUV while on the way to pick up a relative for holiday festivities.

The suspect reportedly swiped the handheld and accessories from McCombs' casket during a public visitation at a funeral home, and fled after being confronted.

Bennett's aunt, Dianna Bennett, said that her family was friends with the McCombs and that they felt "mortified" by what had happened. According to the elder Bennett, the suspect was very troubled. "He has been into drugs, he's into alcohol. He's just messed up."

Yes, Ms. Bennett, I think we can agree that adding horrible insult to injury by stealing from the casket of a dead teenager who was killed on a holiday is pretty messed up, thanks.

(G4TV [http://www.wpxi.com/news/26308767/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss])

Da_MoA

Mar 29, 2009
How do people like this exist? =\ Doing somthing like that in unthinkable.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Makes me think of the ancient Egyptians. Was the Gameboy for use in the afterlife? What would pharoahs be buried with today?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Not to say that I approve of what this guy did (over a Gameboy...really?), I nonetheless eagerly await the many pages of moralistic outrage over this.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Da_MoA said:
How do people like this exist? =\ Doing somthing like that in unthinkable.
true

a new gameboy nowadays costs, what, $20?

why would you want to steal one

okay, seriously now, leaving all the "stealing" aside, why would ANYBODY open a casket of a dead person for a fucking handheld?

fuck that

why would anybody open a dead person's casket?

it just don't make no sense

and it's disrespectful to the family

cut off his balls, I say

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Wow that's just down right low and dirty. When we buried my grand father we placed a book of matches, a pack of his favourite smokes, and a flask of his favourite whiskey in there, if anyone had stolen those things from his coffin I'm sure I'd be sitting in jail right now for assault at very least.

Just to answer the smart asses who will no doubt comment on the "waste" ahead of time, burying things with people has a very very long history, I doubt most, if any of us, today believe, even if we believe in the afterlife, that they need or could access said items after dead, that's not the point, it's the same as the funeral it isn't about the dead person, it's about making the living feel better.

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
As terrible as that is, am I the only one wondering why the teen's gameboy and accessories were in the casket with him? Were those his most treasured possessions? He most likely didn't have a will at that age, and nobody wanted them so the family thought to put them in there with him to be buried...

that's all I can come up with.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Not cool, man. A bad enough tragedy that one so young had to die in this, the happiest time of the year. And then this asshole decides, in front people who came to mourn, no less, STEAL FROM THE CASKET. Forget that it was just a Gameboy, that's not important. Yes, he's apparently on drugs and alcohol, but that's not an excuse.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
That guy is ass-scum, man! There's certain things that you just don't do, and stealing from the dead is one of them! At least in reality, that is.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Ugh...Something like this really had to ruin my happy mood...

I thought the guy that stole from the sick kids was fucked up but this might even top that.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
... Wow, just wow, when you think there are some decent people out there, pricks like this come along.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I think this calls for an epic facepalm. Someone help us out!

Seriously though, this is pretty damn effed up. Who does something like that?