My Nerd Year's Resolutions

Stevey M

Technobabbler
Feb 11, 2009
I'm disappointed in the lack of watch Top Gear, play Minecraft, and Get Flag. Sort that out, Elizabeth!

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Heh, the "organize toys" item makes me wonder just how many toys someone can stash on one desk. If you have the original Star Trek toys/action figures too then I suggest putting Kirk and Picard side by side just to add some drama around the desk. :D

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
So nerf ambushes are frequent happenings at your offices? I wish I had that kind of workplace.

As for resolutions á la nerd, I don't have many.

Finish unfinished games right about sums it up.
Also, I need to buy nerdy t-shirts.

Happy new year's everyone.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
This was one of the saddest short stories I've ever read, and worse because some were aligned with my own list. Was there a full list besides the Nerd stuff?

Also, don't skip reading comics to read Kavalier & Clay. You're going to want to keep a lot of that data fresh, Michael Chabon's not going to let you off easy with regards to allusions.

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
You guys have Nerf ambushes at meetings at The Escapist offices? You guys taking applications?

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
I watched the first episode of Sherlock. IT'S BRILLIANT. Best thing Martin Freeman has done in a while (even though he is generally very good). Also It's written by Stephen Moffat which will get the Who in You stirring ;P

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
My resolution is to spend more time educating people as to why John Lennon was more important to music than Paul McCartney.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, you should read Chew. Look, it might even come to TV: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102322-Psychic-Devourer-Detective-Comic-Coming-to-TV

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Great list. I should make one...hmm...And you know, I still haven't seen the last season of Lost...should remedy that.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
My Nerd Years Resolutions include continuing blueprints for self sustaining magneto generator. Get one to work. Get it bigger to power a house. Get it smaller to power a car. Mass Produce. Profits.

Number two is remember to donate that chunk of cash when Jer is driving the Desert Bus next year.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I like the last one. I always wanted to be in a huge, all out fire fight with Nerf weapons. Don't suppose the Escapist could use a writer/proofreader type of person right now, could you?

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Certainly a good list. Mine mostly involves the massive backlog of games I need to start and finish, and several books I need to read. Also need to check out the Raleigh area, since I may be moving there for work in the next few months.

Coliumbos

Mar 15, 2010
keelzbunny said:
You guys have Nerf ambushes at meetings at The Escapist offices? You guys taking applications?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/1879-Nerf-Wars-2-Gears-of-Nerf