Shamus Plays: WoW #11: What? More Work?

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: WoW #11: What? More Work?

Norman and Gobstab kill another pig, only this time it's a crime.

Read Full Article

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Can't help but wonder if Norman is just going to go full circle and actually become evil. This is the first real time he has "knowingly" done something evil.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Is Norman actually getting any stronger though? I have been wondering because all we seem to hear about is burning flesh. I would actually like to see how he would fair in a real boss fight. One of those big fellows in a real dungeon with a small group. Wish we could see him join a guild for laughs.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
O that last quest is fantastic thats the kind of quest i like! killing a dude to cover up your own crimes XD

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
I know you are meant to be covering your own crimes.....but isn't that Princess' head mounted on his wall?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
crotalidian said:
I know you are meant to be covering your own crimes.....but isn't that Princess' head mounted on his wall?
Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks too dark.

Still, I like the logic. Pig died, guy has a pig head on his wall, guy killed pig, kill guy.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I never noticed that before, although, I don't remember the quest at all. Not even sure if it was in the game back when I played through there.

Funny stuff tho!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Having never done ANYTHING on the Alliance side, I love laughing at the ridiculous stuff going on there, but I hesitate to wonder what ludicrous crimes of questing have been going on in the horde side.

I will say, there used to be a long line of quests in Orgrimmar leading to the first dungeon that involved the Burning Blade, and one significant part of the quest line required you to infiltrate a secret cult that is hiding in Orgrimmar. You talk with the guy, learn all his stupid secrets, and proceed to a dungeon in which you pretty much entirely wipe out the cult there. Except for that one guy. Who is there forever. And we all just pretend he wasn't there to bring us down. Now, with the phasing technology in Cataclysm they made a new, similar quest involving different characters... but that other guy is STILL THERE. And you can't even pretend like Hellscream is a keep-your-enemies-closer type guy, or even a I-have-any-amount-of-compassion-at-all type of guy. Madness!

Neeru Fireblade, you are the Horde's stupid little secret.

(By the way. His name is Fireblade. He works with the Burning Blade. How he managed to infiltrate our fair city is a rather telling tale of incompetence and failed background checks, I assume.)

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
I find this series to be far more enjoyable than WoW itself.

Note: I have indeed played WoW. A long time ago. Up to maybe level 37. It's not really my thing.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
This series just keeps getting better and better. The best part is Norman constantly trying to explain away how lazy and/or incompetent the guards are. Seeing how he's such a goody two-shoes, it leads me to wonder why he chose to become a warlock (or was that touched upon? I forget).

Side note: Killing off James Clark because of the death of Princess must be one of the new quests, because I don't remember doing that on any character I've taken through Elwynn.

erossing

Nov 3, 2008
Killing James Clark is, indeed, a Cataclysm addition, as is the convenient timing that puts Princess right in front of you when she "MUST DIE". The old quest had you running all the way to the pumpkin farm just to kill Princess and then running all the way back.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
The human area wasn't the only wacky one. Does Teldrassil still have that Satyr that gives you quests, even as your night elf swears undying vengeance against the Legion?

Extasii

May 22, 2009
This series is pretty much the reason I got back into WoW haha.
And it's one of the 2 reasons I even bother checkin the Escapist (Shamus and the news)
Now it's time to find more ridiculous quests!

Patrick Dare

Jul 7, 2010
I'm a little confused about one thing. Sure he didn't kill the pig but it listed a bunch of other stuff like robbery, arson and murder so he's not guilty of killing the pig, who cares?

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Patrick Dare said:
I'm a little confused about one thing. Sure he didn't kill the pig but it listed a bunch of other stuff like robbery, arson and murder so he's not guilty of killing the pig, who cares?
Norman's apprehension comes from how he's well aware of the fact that he isn't guilty of killing the pig so it stems to shadowing the validity of his crimes with doubt too. If group A excuses B of X, Y & Z and C knows Z isn't true, C's immediate reaction would be to think that X & Y aren't true either.

Also, enjoying this series and wish the weeks would pass by faster so I could get more. Keep up the good work!

Amarsir

Jul 7, 2009
This was the most clever one yet.

If listing the disappearance of Princess is a new addition for Cataclysm, then you have to think the false accusation is on purpose, right?