Name Game: Luke's Legacy Part 2

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Maybe I just need to give this comic a chance, but I never did get into this strip's art style and humor. Maybe this isn't my cup of tea?

With that said, I am curious how this will continue.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
poiumty said:
I don't get it.
Straying Bullet said:
I don't get it. I really don't.
From what I see, it isn't suppose to be funny as much as background information on one of the characters.

However, I am laughing because I know that in retail you can be promoted by remembering to zip yourself back up after leaving the bathroom. There are a lot of incompetent people out there.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
You know, these kind of subplots are cool and all, but they always suffer from one major problem: they are only funny and interesting if you read all the episodes together. Now it'll just mean that we are going to read a few comics that just don't contain much humor on itself.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
It looks like the district manager is a hutt. I guess the company's an equal opportunity for everyone. Giant space slugs included.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
poiumty said:
I don't get it.
Straying Bullet said:
I don't get it. I really don't.
Like the other guy said it's background about why he doesn't work to hard before he got a job there he thought you had to work hard to get ahead but he was finding out that isn't always true and in working there the less he seemed to the better off he was so he was about to quit being the ther most one could do to not do anything.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
So one character is named luke one is named lando, so is the guy with blue eyes called han

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Ahhh... so that's why I can't seem to get a promotion at work! I've just been working too hard!

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
I think the inherent humor comes from him saying "Hey Ugly" to the guy that he needs an interview from. And ends up getting the job due to it being a prequel.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Broken Orange said:
Maybe I just need to give this comic a chance, but I never did get into this strip's art style and humor. Maybe this isn't my cup of tea?

With that said, I am curious how this will continue.
I've been trying to give it a chance, but it just keeps being boring. Oh look a bunch of go no-where 20 somethings work in a store and hate it but this time instead of a convenient store, record store, restaurant, or big box store they work in a game stop!!! Seriously not very original, which is fine, but they have yet to deliver a good story.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
For those of you who didn't get it. Have you ever worked in minimum wage jobs before? It's just showing how easy it is to get rewards with minimum effort in this kind of environment. It's not necessarily funny so much as satire.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
I wish my first job was like this. I would have been assistant manager in no time lol. Oh well, good stuff.

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
I can't find this entertaining as it is to depressingly accurate. I have never worked in retail myself, but I can safely say that almost every job I have done has looked upon individuality and independent thought as big no no's, and as for work ethic, well that just means someone else has more time to take the credit for what you did.
I could go on about my thoughts on middle management but I would probably get hit with the ban hammer.