Plants vs. Zombies Hit the High Seas

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Plants vs. Zombies Hit the High Seas

A surgeon at Yale University gave his six-year-old son a big surprise by giving the family boat a complete stem-to-stern Plants vs. Zombies [http://www.amazon.com/Plants-Zombies-Game-Year-Limited-Pc/dp/B003O21A2I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1294352413&sr=8-4] paint job.

Dr. Edward M. Uchio is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Yale University's School of Medicine. He's also a big fan of the hit PopCap game Plants vs. Zombies, as is his young son. The final piece of the puzzle: he owns a boat. Put it all together and what you end up with is the coolest Plants vs. Zombies Fountain boat ever to hit the high seas.

Whether the paint job was prompted by a special occasion or Uchio is just the coolest dad on the waves isn't made clear, but it hardly matters. What's important is that this latest manifestation of the obsession people have with Plants vs. Zombies is one seriously sweet-looking vessel. But hey, where's the dolphin?

More photos of Uchio's awesome PvZ boat are available on Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=258725&id=57571168213#!/album.php?aid=258725&id=57571168213].

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I wish I had the sort of money where

1> I could own a boat
2> Have the luxury of painting it to be a PvZ boat.

I knew I should have become a Doctor...

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
I wasn't much a fan (it got boring) of PvZ when I played it for a while as part of my new HP's bloatware, but that doesn't stop this paint job from being marvelous nonetheless. I respect nice boats and nice paint, this is both.

Makes me wonder what uninitiated fishermen will think!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Can't wait it see it slow deteriorate over years of sailing!

Seriously. Just hang that boat from the ceiling or something. It's too sexy to drive!

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:

Seriously. Just hang that boat from the ceiling or something. It's too sexy to drive!
Well he can maintain it!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Sartan0 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Well he can maintain it!
I suppose, but it'd still never be as perfect as the top picture.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
When I read the title I was like: A new plants vs Zombies set at sea?! :D

Then I read the article and saw the awesome picture and I am still :D

Very nice boat...the dolphin better be at the front.

blackbirdlore

Sep 28, 2010
Sartan0 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Well he can maintain it!
They have coatings you can apply to the hull of your boat for that. I'm pretty sure its standard fare, and similar to winterizing.

Above

Oct 3, 2009
We liekz thee booat,wee cum ovr too seee itt

-The zombeez

Seriously though,kick ass boat!

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
That is pretty sweet...
Now if only ninja pirates owned that boat, it would probably be the most bad-ass thing in history.