Job Posting (Probably) Reveals Medal of Honor Sequel

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Job Posting (Probably) Reveals Medal of Honor Sequel

Whoops! Though EA has yet to announce a new Medal of Honor game, a new developer job posting may have revealed the sequel's existence.

EA's <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Xbox-360/dp/B000TI836G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294377131&sr=8-1>Medal of Honor reboot <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8219-Review-Medal-of-Honor>may not have been the critical juggernaut that the publisher was hoping for, but it certainly sold well enough that a sequel was going to happen. A new job posting at Danger Close, the EA studio that made the game, has posted a job opening that certainly sounds like just such a project is in the works.

The developer's job listing is for an AI engineer to work on a "unannounced AAA first person shooter title." On top of that, the position states that candidates should have experience with multiplayer and co-op development. This is rather interesting, since the multiplayer portion of the first game was handled by another studio, EA Digital Illusions CE. As a result, it sounds like Danger Close might be handling the next Medal of Honor's multiplayer gameplay in house.

At the moment, this still has to be treated as a rumor, but - let's be honest here - this is all but an admission that Danger Close is working on a sequel. According to Industry Gamers, EA stated that 3 million copies of Medal of Honor needed to be sold in order for a follow-up game to be considered. Within a week of its release, the game sold 1.5 million copies; it had sold 2 million by early November, so it seems reasonable to assume that enough copies have been sold by now for the sequel to be ordered.

Source: Industry Gamers

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Long as it isn't as terrible as this reboot was. I didn't even bother finishing the campaign and maybe only played multiplayer for an hour.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
Meh, my interest in the first game faded when they caved in to the complains of the mainstream media and renamed the Taliban to OpFor.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Honestly, I've been avoiding that game like the plague. I've liked every MOH game I've played thus far [Yes, even Airborne], and I don't want my love for the series soiled.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Enough! I can't stand what EA has done to my once beloved FPS franchise. This must end! They have done nothing but run it into the ground since Allied Assault, and they just don't seem to know when to cut the damn cord!

And before someone says it, Activison needs to do the same with Call of Duty...

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I actually liked the new medal of honor. I hope that the sequel will have a longer campaign and more multiplayer maps.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Yes! The only FPS this year that actually left me wanting more might have a sequel. Man this has made my day!

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
people are surprised EA is making yet another sequel to a horrible franchise which it pits against call of duty -_- ?

honestly its like news that the star wars films get re released with new hidden footage that it apparently had from 30 years ago..

unless they stop trying to be like Cod its going to fail every single time .

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Does anyone else keep hearing General Shepherd from Modern Warfare 2 when they read "Danger Close"? Anyone? Is it just me?

Anyway, the way the game ended, I would think a sequel had to happen. Now, hopefully they will fix some of the faults of the game, like making the characters into...well, characters. Don't believe me? Quick, without looking, what's the name of the fourth person on Deuce's team? That's Deuce & Dusty, not Rabbit.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Does anyone else keep hearing General Shepherd from Modern Warfare 2 when they read "Danger Close"? Anyone? Is it just me?

Anyway, the way the game ended, I would think a sequel had to happen. Now, hopefully they will fix some of the faults of the game, like making the characters into...well, characters. Don't believe me? Quick, without looking, what's the name of the fourth person on Deuce's team? That's Deuce & Dusty, not Rabbit.
Your gonna need to tell us what "Fourth" means because there's two other guys on the squad. It could be either Panther or Vegas.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Well, the multiplayer in the first game was great and the campaign was alright. Maybe this one will be even better.

Jackpot524

Certified Canuck
May 24, 2009
As long as the flow of the Campaign isn't as buggy and they add some more multiplayer content other then more maps and game-modes. More weapons perhaps? I'll probably pick it up.

cprs_

Jun 29, 2008
I thought that it captured certain aspects of warfighting very well and those nuances made it an enjoyable experience. Yes, there were problems with how linear it was and short the campaign was, but it left me wanting more moreso than Black Ops did.

I think that a sequel here could be a very good thing provided they address these issues.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
The only thing that I liked about Medal of Honor, and the only aspect of it that I like playing, is the campaign. The story really excelled in its subtle moments, and the interesting banter they put in made it feel more real than any campaign I'd played before.

That ending was heartwrenching for me. Sure, you could've seen it a mile away, but that bit of hope lingered until the very end.

I was really expecting not to like Medal of Honor, but the single player hooked me. I want an even better one for the sequel.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Or maybe they are going for a new IP, and this is the start of it
*pause for laughter*
Yeah, thats what I thought

Moeez

May 28, 2009
I'm surprised it has sold 2 million copies. EA's marketing works! Whoever they are, they're doing a great job. Seriously.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
As long as it isnt modern, ill be happy.
And more fucking effort in singleplayer please. Every shooter is all about the multiplayer now.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yup. Because the last one wasn't painfully mediocre enough.

I guess it really shouldn't come as a surprise that EA haven't given up on getting a slice of that sweet CoD pie.