Question of the Day, January 7, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 7, 2011

Starting in February, Microsoft will be releasing five new games on Xbox Live Arcade as part of its "House Party." [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106704-XBLA-Organizes-House-Party-With-Torchlight-Beyond-Good-Evil-HD] Which are you most looking forward to?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
The Beyond Good & Evil HD-fication. Not that I'll buy it, I'll be waiting for discounts to spend a spare 400 MSP points on, but, out of those, it's really a game I would want to experience.

People say the game's pretty good, I see no reason not to try it out.

That Contra thing, Hard Corps, is pretty exciting, too.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
If I had a 360 and live I'd really want Beyond Good & Evil HD... really, really, badly...

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
Never heard of any of them. Let's see.

EDIT: Torchlight I'd say.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I'm tired of hearing about Full House Poker, when is Charles in Charge Blackjack hitting XBLA?

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Choosing between Torchlight and Beyond Good & Evil is a tough call. I'm going with Torchlight, because the game appears to have gotten some nice upgrades since it's PC debut, while BG&E is only a visual update. I'll definitely be getting both though :p

Ranchcroutons

Sep 12, 2010
Glad to see Beyond Good and Evil getting proper recognition. I probably still wont buy it though since I lack an HD tv

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Isn't Beyond good and evil coming out in hard copy as well? I'd rather buy that. But if not, that one. But I'll wait for a discount.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
It would be Torchlight, but I'm so used to the PC controls I'm not sure I could handle it, because there's NO way I could treat it as a new game. Thus, by default it has to go to an updated Beyond Good and Evil. I just hope it looks as good as the old, and maybe even cuts back on some of the loading times from before? it wasn't bad before, really, but even with updated graphics, I think this can still cut down on some of those. Just cause I'm impatient.

Oh, and for the record, as long as I have Poker Night at the Inventory, I don't need any more poker games thank you ;)

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I was going to say none but I guess I'll pick Torchlight because it was fun for a while...

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I chose Beyond Good and evil only because of the review of the game I read on this site.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Wait, BG&E in HD? I watched the trailer... seems exactly the same as on PC.

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
Despite BG&E - which I loved in it's original version so much -, I'd have loved to have a "Uh, what?"-option to vote.

Just for choice. BG&E it is, of course - can't wait to see it it in HD.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
I would have said Torchlight if the XBLA version had co-op, but since it's only SP like the PC version, I'm going with BG&E HD.

Woggles

IDS 104th
Nov 9, 2009
Just like with many other Questions of the Day this one lacks the "None" response. =E