CliffyB Takes Design Pointers from Wisdom of the Elders

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
CliffyB Takes Design Pointers from Wisdom of the Elders

Remember kids, don't let anyone tell you you can never make a videogame where you anally perforate a man with a storm of bullets. Because they're wrong.

[video=2622]

This is the second "Bulletpoints" promo video for Epic Games & People Can Fly's Bulletstorm, following hot on the heels of Epic president Mike Capps' shower-time ruminations [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106598-Bulletstorm-Promo-Has-an-Epic-Shower-Scene]. As with the first, it's done in the style of Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts" videos - not-so-sage nuggets of advice.

This time around, it's Epic's design director and frontman Cliff(y B)leszinski taking some time to reminisce about the advice from his grandfather and its effect on how he designs games.

Other than that, uh, I have no words. Just watch it.

I do feel that this video has a very severe lack of the word "dicktits," though. That critical omission puts it well behind the first one, in my opinion.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
No "dicktits" here, but the a-hole shooting won me over, that was simply hilarious.

This game looks more and more interesting with each trailer.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Having that guy's anus spew fire must hurt like shit.

A bit disappointed with the lack of 'dicktits' here but its still a funny vid.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
GOTY.

I'm calling it. This will be my GOTY. Even over Skyrim, Dragon Age 2, and Pokemon Black & White.

We need more games like Bulletstorm.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Even though that is kick-ass and hilarious, I still can't help but wonder why that enemy didn't wear anything covering his rear end in the first place?

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
GOTY.

I'm calling it. This will be my GOTY. Even over Skyrim, Dragon Age 2, and Pokemon Black & White.

We need more games like Bulletstorm.
Nah, we need more games that are over the top, hilarious and with a good story. In this case, I think 2 outa three won't be that bad I'm guessing.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
IamQ said:
Even though that is kick-ass and hilarious, I still can't help but wonder why that enemy didn't wear anything covering his rear end in the first place?
I think he was, it's just that when you put enough bullets in that area, it breaks off and the "
death" animation starts.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Cliffy B. Pisses me off to no end.
"I made a game where you can blow out a man's asshole."

Actually, no Cliffy, no you didn't. You know that team of 300 people working 110 hour weeks sitting over there? THEY made the fucking game, while you continue to sit in your fancy office while retaining the title of "world's oldest 12 year old."

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
while the game looks like stupid fun, all the voice overs while your killing seem obnoxious, I hope they arnt as in your face in the real game as they are in the promos

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
AC10 said:

Actually, no Cliffy, no you didn't. You know that team of 300 people working 110 hour weeks sitting over there? THEY made the fucking game, while you continue to sit in your fancy office while retaining the title of "world's oldest 12 year old."
I'd love that title....

Anyway he may not have "made" it. But he is a design director. He designed it.

OT: I'm going to assume this is an xBox only game? Which sucks cause I'd love to play this on my PS3.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
TimeLord said:
OT: I'm going to assume this is an xBox only game? Which sucks cause I'd love to play this on my PS3.
Nope, it's multiplatform, they just only showed the 360 version in the pro0mo for some reason. It'll release on PC, PS3 and 360 all at the same time so don't fret.

Now...I must go pre order this game. Best shooter in a long long time for me, and stands a good chance of beating out Crysis 2 as my number one shooter.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
TimeLord said:
AC10 said:

I'd love that title....

Anyway he may not have "made" it. But he is a design director. He designed it.

Nope there's a PS3 and PC version too.

Edit: Curse you ninja above me!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Irridium said:
I... I really don't know what to say.

I just...

Yeah, got nothing.
There is no reason to say anything, it would just ruin the moment...

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to ROFL so more...

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
You know, people keep mentioning dick-tits, and someone is going to post a picture of the ever absolutly horrible gag inducing picture of

Shitting Dick Nipples.