This Escapist Quiz is Under Construction!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
This Escapist Quiz is Under Construction!

How much do you know about games where you build and build and build?

This week's issue of The Escapist is all about indie game sensation Minecraft, where the only real objectives are to dig, to build, and to destroy. So, I thought, why not make a quiz about other games where the objectives are to build (at least in part)?

The games on this quiz are all very different - they've been on different platforms, and many are in entirely different genres. However, they all share one common element: It's just as much fun to build up a sand castle as it is to kick it and see it fall down.

If you think you're a regular Bob the Builder, why not try your hand at the quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/130]? As always, you can take it as many times as you like - but longer times will be reflected on our leaderboards.

Take our "Under Construction" Quiz here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/130]!

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I think the quiz answers are buggered =/

Just a heads up =/

Edited in spoiler tags to cover the answers.

EDIT2: Well now that the buggered quiz answers are fixed, I'll remove the right answers from my post =P

[sub][sub]Funk responded to me! Me! Yaaaay![/sub][/sub]

EDIT3: Wait, I spent 10 minutes cracking the bugged quiz, only to have no badge? Awwwww!

[sub]DISCLAIMER: I'm not really that miffed =P[/sub]

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
SomeLameStuff said:
I think the quiz answers are buggered =/

My Life As a King is set in the world of what other Square-Enix game?
I'm damn sure its set in Crystal Chronicles, a quick google search agrees with me. But its pops up as incorrect on the final score.

EDIT: Randomed answers, got this right. And apparantly its Xenogears?
This game asked players to create complex Rube-Goldberg machines to perform trivial tasks like lighting a candle:
Pretty sure this is The Incredible Machine, but its showing up as incorrect as well =/

EDIT: Again, randomly selected answers to get this right. Mister Goldberg isn't showing up as a game.

Just a heads up =/

Edited in spoiler tags to cover the answers.
Just checked, and those two were bugged. Fixed now.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Okay...60%

This is were my total lack of PC gaming hurts.

I got the Civ 5 one thanks to Shamus Young. And the Starcraft one was really easy.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
John Funk said:
Just checked, and those two were bugged. Fixed now.
You might want to remove my quote. Curious people may click on the spoiler tags and find the right answers!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Escapist Quiz: Under Construction. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/130-The-Escapist-Quiz-Under-Construction]

Horray 100%!! ...after 3 tries.
I've never heard of a
SimRefinery

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
How can you not include Dwarf Fortress? That is a game where you build and then some!

100% in 3 minutes at least.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
Got the littlebigplanet one because there were 3 sony and only one non-sony properties listed. Got the minecraft and Civ5 ones because of simple news posts or articles I've skimmed in the past. Everyone on the internet knows the starcraft one.

I always enjoy the questions that take nothing more than a little logic or having heard of the game once in your life to answer.

fuckwit

Jan 4, 2009
theriddlen said:
And where's question about Garry's Mod? Seriously.

Also, Source SDK is fun too.
Source SDK isn't a game, it's a Software Development Kit.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Huh. Must be an obscure area of knowledge if I managed to get 4th, even with needing 2 attempts. (80% on the first attempt - But I did immediately know what the correct answers should have been for the two I got wrong)

------
Congratulations!

You scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct!

You're currently ranked 4th out of 752 total entries.
-----

Well, OK, I was also 8th on the star trek Quiz, so I guess when I know a subject...

Anyway, that reminds me. Is there any way of looking at your quiz results without having to redo the quiz itself?

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
fuckwit said:
theriddlen said:
And where's question about Garry's Mod? Seriously.

Also, Source SDK is fun too.
Source SDK isn't a game, it's a Software Development Kit.
Have you ever seen a owl? In the internet? The one with O RLY? under it? By now you surely know what i mean.

And yet, i think that after learning whats going on(there's no tutorial mission:D), the Source SDK is tons of fun, Hammer editor especially.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I think there is something wrong with the Tycoon questions, I can't seem to have any of them right. Are you saying there is an Oil Tycoon?

I know Rollercoaster Tycoon excists, I have it myself.