Wahlberg, De Niro, and Pesci Back in Uncharted Movie

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Wahlberg, De Niro, and Pesci Back in Uncharted Movie

In the never-ending roller coaster that is the Uncharted movie, Mark Wahlberg has reaffirmed his, Robert De Niro's, and Joe Pesci's association with film.

Does anyone know for sure what's happening with the Uncharted [http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune-Playstation-3/dp/B000UW21A0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1294515582&sr=8-3] movie? Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Wahlberg has once again alluded to his inclusion in the film.

Wahlberg seemingly it was a done deal [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105618-Mark-Wahlberg-Confirmed-For-Lead-Role-in-Uncharted-Movie]. In an interview with Moviehole, Wahlberg apparently said he's still going to be in the film, along with Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci.

"David O'Russell is writing right now and hopes to direct", Wahlberg said. "It's myself, Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro." He added that the Uncharted movie will "hopefully" start shooting in the summer of 2011.

This may be another blow to fans that Firefly [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104268-Nathan-Fillion-Wants-to-Be-Nathan-Drake]'s Nathan Fillion star as Drake in the upcoming film. However, Wahlberg's comments are still a bit vague, and with the recent back-and-forth it seems nothing is set in stone until shooting gets underway. The Uncharted film is becoming as cryptic as the myths from the games it's based on.

Source: MovieHole [http://www.moviehole.net/201135445-exclusive-wahlberg-on-upcoming-projects]

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Unless Pesci or De Niro are actually playing Drake, this still seems stupid. Fillion FTW.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Mark Wahlberg doesn't really seem to have the charisma for the role, although I do think he is a good actor (The Departed).

On a side note: Ordered my PS3 off of Amazon at about 10 past 12 this morning, along with a copy of Uncharted 2. I couldn't not play that game any longer!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Nolan North...That's all I asked for.

Not Nathan Fillion, not Wahlberg.

Nolan North himself.

He looks enough like Drake, and his voice IS Drake. And he could easily pull it off.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kasurami said:
I still stand by my conviction that the only person who can play Nathan Drake is Pauly Shore. I don't think anyone else could capture the pure smarmy, burning annoyance that is Nathan Drake.
What about Stephen Baldwin?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Kasurami said:
I still stand by my conviction that the only person who can play Nathan Drake is Pauly Shore. I don't think anyone could else can capture the pure smarmy, burning annoyance that is Nathan Drake.
But he doesn't even look like him. Nathan Fillion has both the charisma, smarmy and annoyance nailed down to a tee in not only his role as Malcolm Reynolds, but even more so in Castle, especially the being-a-smart-ass-sexy-nuisance shtick.

Still, I'm not ruling out Mark Wahlberg. He looks alright, but I haven't seen enough from him to decide whether he can have Nate's charisma.

As for Pesci and De Niro, I wonder who'll they play. De Niro as Sully? Naaaah. And Pesci...no clue.

Oct 14, 2010
They just need to find a way to get Al Pacino in there and they'll have the perfect stew for a well-intentioned bomb.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Kasurami said:
I still stand by my conviction that the only person who can play Nathan Drake is Pauly Shore. I don't think anyone else could capture the pure smarmy, burning annoyance that is Nathan Drake.
Now that's just mean to Pauly Shore...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Kasurami said:
Oh I know, but the absolute rage that bubbles up from watching Pauly Shore act are similar to my feelings towards Nathan Drake.

And De Niro will play Sully, or a variant on Sully at the very least, while Pesci will be the villain. For he is always the villain.
Oh that's just evil. I like it. I mean, did that guy ever star in a good movie? I mean, he's an insult to Nate. He's an annoying, wise-ass bastard, but in a good way. Pauly Shore on the other hand...

*ahem*

De Niro as Sully...well De Niro can nail Sully's arrogance, that's for sure. But I'd go for these 3 options:
- J.K. Simmons
- Jeff Bridges
- Bruce Campbell

As for Elena, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kristen Bell. She nailed the way-too-nosey-kick-ass-female-lead role in Veronica Mars. Only downside is that she might appear to be a little too young though with a young actor as Wahlberg for Nate that might not be that much of an issue.

As for your suggestion as Alec Baldwin as Nate; he's way too old. Dye his hair grey and let him play Sully, that'd fit better.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
So...

Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci are gonna be in this movie?

Fuck, that's reason enough for me to see it!