Behold the "Motorcycle Helmet of the Apocalypse"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Behold the "Motorcycle Helmet of the Apocalypse"

This custom-built Brotherhood of Steel "motorcycle helmet of the apocalypse" won't do anything to protect your skull from a skid, but it sure will make you look good while you're roaring down the highway.

There's a reason the Fallout [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_Steel] series: because love it or hate it, there's no denying that power-armored paladins are the baddest-looking dudes in the wasteland. The Brotherhood helmet is one of the most iconic pieces of headgear in the history of videogames, so what could possibly be better than wearing your very own life-size, lifelike T-51b motorcycle helmet while you go blasting down the highway on your two-wheeled suicide machine?

Not suffering a traumatic brain injury may leap to mind as one possibility, but that's not really a concern because this isn't really a motorcycle helmet. It's actually the creation of artist Josh Jay, who painstakingly handcrafted what has to be the hottest looking post-apocalyptic gear to come along since Ryan Palser brought the Facebook page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103012-Fallout-3-Fan-Creates-Amazing-Plasma-Rifle].

Safe? Not a chance. Ridiculously awesome? Absolutely.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
We'll it's awesome, but it must be hella expensive, and If I was dropping that kinda dough I think I would want it to at least comply with helmet laws. I mean why can't we have both awesome and will keep your brains in your head.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
You should see the NCR Ranger suit a guy on the Bethesda Forums is creating, it looks pretty badass so far.

Great helmet though, I would absolutely love to have that. Doubt i'd use it though to be honest, just as a decoration.

Exia91

Jul 7, 2010
Oh hell! I never use it for driving a motorcycle! But yes!

GIVE ME!

I would wear it to every costumball/halloweenparty!!! Just imagine all the strange looks. I would feel awesome, definitely.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
It would buy it if I had the money, then I'd color it black and red so I could be an Outcast...you know...because motorcycle riders used to be outcasts? WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. *runs away*

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
For the record, Brotherhood of Steel would be an awesome name for a motorcycle gang. And the BoS logo would look SO badass on the back of a leather jacket.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
this reminds me of an episode in "American Chopper" where the guys created a motorcicle really AWESOME but then had to be re-designed because it didnt complied with "safety procedures" in the road or something, the father was angry as hell, but i would have done the same thing in the name of awesome

althought it didnt looked that bad when they fixed the few things missing.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Flamezdudes said:
You should see the NCR Ranger suit a guy on the Bethesda Forums is creating, it looks pretty badass so far.

Great helmet though, I would absolutely love to have that. Doubt i'd use it though to be honest, just as a decoration.
Can you get a link to that? It sounds pretty awesome.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
I dunno, the brotherhood's armour is cool as fuck. However, does anyone else notice how the helmet looks far too big for that guys body? I dunno, I think it looks kinda silly.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Numachuka said:
Flamezdudes said:

Can you get a link to that? It sounds pretty awesome.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1143980-ncr-veteran-ranger-costume/

It's a work in progress.

EDIT: There are other pictures in the rest of the thread.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Canid117 said:
That looks more like a T-45d helmet

jesus I feel nerdy
That's actually what sprung to my mind too - you know that means I've played too much Fallout. The T-51b wouldn't look as badass anyway.

Red Right Hand said:
I dunno, the brotherhood's armour is cool as fuck. However, does anyone else notice how the helmet looks far too big for that guys body? I dunno, I think it looks kinda silly.
I imagine it's supposed to - if there was an entire power suit that would be bulky as hell.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Red Right Hand said:
that may be true but Perhaps it would look a little less out of place if worn with actual power armour which looks over sized itself