Wesley Snipes Developing Videogames From Prison

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Wesley Snipes Developing Videogames From Prison

A lengthy jail sentence won't stop Wesley Snipes from creating a videogame.

What's tax-related crimes [http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Collection-4-Film-Favorites/dp/B002GSXKNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294759963&sr=8-1]? Making a videogame, that's what.

Jail can't stop a true businessman, and one of the businesses Snipes' has chosen to operate from the slammer is the development of a videogame. It might not be as exciting as running a crime empire from the inside, but it's similar. He's enlisted Lapland Studio for the task, which recently finished a title called Lead the Meerkats for WiiWare.

Lapland's collaboration with Snipes is decidedly different than its game about groups of furry mammals. It's called Julius Styles: The International and follows Snipes in the main role as Julius Styles, an international "facilitator" in a world of "money, power, sex and murder." Sounds like a fun world except for that last thing.

Snipes says Styles is inspired by his characters from movies such as Art of War [http://www.amazon.com/Passenger-57-Keepcase-Wesley-Snipes/dp/B002AT8KA6/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1294759606&sr=1-2]. He believes the game will offer something for "both the mind game strategist and the kick-ass special ops warrior lover," and will "expand on the cool, sexy, diverse sometimes scary, and often bizarre world and people I've had the pleasure to spend time with." So it'll apparently be a cool, sexy, diverse, sometimes scary, bizarre, kick-ass, strategic brawler that will require use of both "street knowledge survival skills" and "academic intellect and spiritual intuition." Something tells me either the development team or PR team needs a little more focus.

Also associated with development are Elstree Studio Productions and Red 27 Films. Lapland, the two film-based entities, and Snipes plan to deliver multiple stories in the Julius Styles: The International universe. The action/strategy title's first episode is planned for release in June 2011 as an iOS and Mac App Store exclusive, but will come to Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation Network, WiiWare, and Android Marketplace afterward. It'll be priced at one carton of cigarettes on all platforms.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Elstree! I live not too far from there :D (I actually used to 'work' close to there).

OT: I didn't expect Mr Snipes to be doing something like this

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
"It'll be priced at one carton of cigarettes on all platforms."

I lol'd. That was great.

Spoon E11

Oct 27, 2010
it seems like a pile of **** to me.

Write blade 4 in prison not a video game.

Games like this are bad they come from someone who has no experiance and often very little time to play games.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Trogdor1138 said:

I lol'd. That was great.
Until you realize a carton will run you 40 bucks. :p

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
From the team that brought you Lead to meerkats for Wiiware comes the hard hitting action packed game designed by Wesley Snipes. I'm lolling, I hear Michael Bay is gonna direct a romantic comedy next.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Wait, Wesley Snipes is in prison? I completely forgot about him. Anywhy, this game sounds like a bad GTA clone, and I'm willing to bet money it will end up a bad GTA clone with painfully bad production value. Then again, it's first release will be on the iPhone, so...yea, guess I'm already proven right.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Trogdor1138 said:

I lol'd. That was great.
That's a steal given they didn't specify a brand. If you're not picky, a carton of cigarettes can be found for 25 bucks here in the US. When I was in Iraq, I could get a carton for less than 10.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
ProtoChimp said:
Tom Goldman said:
It'll be priced at one carton of cigarettes on all platforms.
Ooh low blow Tom. Oh wait he's in prison for a reason, never mind fuck him.
Thats actually not far off the mark. Cigs around where I live cost around $60 a carton. It fluctuates sometimes, but you get the idea.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Rationalization said:
From the team that brought you Lead to meerkats for Wiiware comes the hard hitting action packed game designed by Wesley Snipes. I'm lolling, I hear Michael Bay is gonna direct a romantic comedy next.
That movie will end with the 2 lovers kissing in front of a nuclear explosion.
Is it bad to think when i read the title"But we already have a manhunt 1 and 2"

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
how about in jail you arent allowed to do shit that you can do on the outside? because i think jail is supposed to be a punishment, not a buisness oppourtunity