Bulletstorm Pukes on Popular Halo 3 Advertisement

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Bulletstorm Pukes on Popular Halo 3 Advertisement

Bulletstorm's creators don't take their game quite as seriously as Bungie did with Halo.

Bungie once used the contrast of Chopin's "Raindrop" Prelude on top of a diorama made of figures from a Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRU0NU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294774423&sr=8-1] is not quite the same game.

Instead of opening up on the scene of a battle that has taken its toll on humanity, Bulletstorm's parody opens to the scene of a chaingun-wielding cyborg shooting a zombie-like hot dog vendor in the junk. As Chopin's emotional piano music continues, the camera pans to a grenade being launched into a foe's rectum.

For comparison, the Halo 3 diorama trailer is below:

While Halo's trailer paints humanity as a noble race that makes sacrifices to save itself, Bulletstorm's trailer paints humanity as a bunch of jerks that blow off enemies' private parts after enjoying a hot dog. Even in death, the main character of Bulletstorm still finds a way to demean his foes. It might be a little juvenile, but I've got to admit, I would really like to launch a grenade into a zombie's butt.

Bulletstorm will be available on February 22, 2011 for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Thanks for the tip Lost In The Void [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Lost+In+The+Void]!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I really need this fucking game.

I'm sensing my GOTY already. I have a thing for over-the-top action games.

I thrive off of games like this. I'm not one for immersive-storytelling-experiences.

Remind me why I frequent a site full of people who only really like immersive-storytelling-experiences, again?

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
This is either the best or worst game advertisment ever. I'm not sure which. Perhaps both.

But I know I love this game. Ever since I first heard about it in Fall 2010 I've been looking forward to it eagerly.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I just love the look on the zombie's faces with that grenade.

Definitely funny and I'm glad I just pre-ordered this.

CombiBlood

Nov 18, 2009
Good advertisement like that game not enough to want it though.

Also I feel like this is showing how much a douche nozzle Cliffy B is.

May 5, 2010
I'm really looking forward to this game. Maybe it will finally end the whole "quasi-realistic" shooter deluge we've been experiencing lately.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure this is one of very few places on Earth where I can use the word "deluge" (metaphorically, no less) without people asking me what the hell I'm talking about.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
I'm really looking forward to this game. Maybe it will finally end the whole "quasi-realistic" shooter deluge we've been experiencing lately.
We can hope... and if nothing else. Grenade Enema... Try saying that without bursting into laughter...

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Dear Lord, I laughed so hard, this is the best trailer I've seen for this game yet, now I'm really tempted to preorder this game.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Hey neat my tip worked!

Anyways as I said when I first watched it, this looks fucking awesome I can't wait until I get my hands on this game

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Which game will win the prize of most fun, mindless, immature violence? On the right ring-corner, with a freaking awesome name and Cliff Bleszinski as trainer, Bulletstorm, chewing delicious hot dogs! On the other ring corner, being the joke of the gaming community and having switched trainers too many times, Duke Nukem Forever, who just run out of gum!

OT: On a more serious note, I'm really looking forward to this and DNF. I prefer when FPS games are more about shooting and blowing stuff up rather than hearing the exposition of soldiers who talk about how war is terrible and that we should learn from all violence.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Am I the only one still really disappointed that this scene didn't happen at the end of Halo 3? I felt so let down by that.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I'm getting weirdly excited about this. From what I can make out it seems like a Gears of War, Just Cause and Painkiller crossover.

Edit: Also just found this vid, did the escapist get one of those?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I wonder if in this game you will actually GET points for shooting a grenade into a zombies ...rectum, with a bounce. I imagine this might give quite a nice sum of points.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
It just reminds me how Halo has set the benchmark for game marketing each time... I'm probably not going to get this game unless something changes my mind about it.