F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed to May

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed to May

Horror shooter F.E.A.R. 3 [http://www.amazon.com/F-R-3-Playstation/dp/B003GT8IL0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294870109&sr=8-2] has been pushed back yet again and is now scheduled to hit store shelves in May.

F.E.A.R. 3, the FPS about a high-strung homeless guy, his dead brother, a mom with anger issues and the wacky antics that ensue during a family reunion, was originally supposed to be out in time for the 2010 holiday season. But in August it was pushed back into 2011 without explanation, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment [http://www.wbie.com/] eventually settling on March 22 as the confirmed go date.

You can consider that date unconfirmed, as a rumor that the game was being pushed back even further was confirmed by the publisher. "The F.E.A.R. 3 launch date will now be in May 2011, as we look to deliver the best possible game for our fans," a F.E.A.R. forum admin Eurogamer [http://www.fearfans.com/forum/showpost.php?s=8b21c1e649a110bbf73c5e2116d5872b&p=342801&postcount=39].

It's interesting to note that while the scheduled March release was tied to a specific date - Crysis 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104903-Warner-Confirms-F-E-A-R-3-Release-Date-Preorder-Bonuses], which remains set for a March 22 launch.

F.E.A.R. 3 will be released one of these days on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, that's cool. Now I can do the others.
One last thing though, Fear 3... don't do that fucking widescreen shit 2 had on the PC.
That's ANNOYING.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Oh nooooooooo. [/sarcasm]

I don't care. From what I played of FEAR 1 and 2, I can see that they're both chilling, fun games but... After seeing the trailer for this, it just looks horrible.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Aww...I was psyched for it, despite the new dev.

Never been scared by the games, but I always really dug the story and the gunfights.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I bought the FEAR pack thing on Steam recently, and I've really been getting into it.

I've got FEAR, FEAR: Perseus Mandate and FEAR: Extraction Point; would you recommend I play the second one as well? From what I've read (And seen), it isn't as scary...

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I was not too impressed with Project Origin, so I'm hoping the delay will give them a chance to VASTLY improve this game.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
A Raging Emo said:
I bought the FEAR pack thing on Steam recently, and I've really been getting into it.

I've got FEAR, FEAR: Perseus Mandate and FEAR: Extraction Point; would you recommend I play the second one as well? From what I've read (And seen), it isn't as scary...
If you want the game to be scary, you will be disappointed. While F.E.A.R went for atmosphere and chills, F.E.A.R 2 goes for shock tactics. Remember that part on the ladder in the first game? Nothing like it in the second one. Going through a school is the closest it comes to that. However, if you care about the story, you need to pick this one up. It has, by far, the most disturbing ending ever.

On Topic: GOD DAMMIT!!! My friend was right. I won't believe this game is coming out anymore until I have it in my actual hands. The date is just around the corner, and it gets delayed again! STOP TEASING ME! RAWR!

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
A Raging Emo said:

The Expansions for FEAR aren't considered canon, only FEAR 2 is, so if you want to understand what's going on I'd reccomend it.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Ehh, well, at least it won't be like New Vegas, being released broken. I'll survive, at least I'll have that new BioShock book to read... err... wait... forgot, that got delayed until July 22... :/

A Raging Emo said:

Best way to put it, FEAR 2 is a good shooter, but a bad FEAR game.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
A Raging Emo said:

If you want the game to be scary, you will be disappointed. While F.E.A.R went for atmosphere and chills, F.E.A.R 2 goes for shock tactics. Remember that part on the ladder in the first game? Nothing like it in the second one. Going through a school is the closest it comes to that. However, if you care about the story, you need to pick this one up. It has, by far, the most disturbing ending ever.

On Topic: GOD DAMMIT!!! My friend was right. I won't believe this game is coming out anymore until I have it in my actual hands. The date is just around the corner, and it gets delayed again! STOP TEASING ME! RAWR!
Disaster Button said:
A Raging Emo said:

The Expansions for FEAR aren't considered canon, only FEAR 2 is, so if you want to understand what's going on I'd reccomend it.
Assassin Xaero said:
Ehh, well, at least it won't be like New Vegas, being released broken. I'll survive, at least I'll have that new BioShock book to read... err... wait... forgot, that got delayed until July 22... :/

A Raging Emo said:

Thanks for the information.

I may get FEAR 2 more as a shooter rather than a horror, or simply because I'm curious about the ending, now.

*Smiles*

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
A Raging Emo said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
A Raging Emo said:

Disaster Button said:
A Raging Emo said:

Assassin Xaero said:

A Raging Emo said:

Thanks for the information.

I may get FEAR 2 more as a shooter rather than a horror, or simply because I'm curious about the ending, now.

*Smiles*
FEAR 2 does nothing to explain what happens to any of the characters in 1 besides Alma and Paxon. It is an alternate telling of the first story from another character's perspective. It delves deeper into who Alma is and how she got to the point she is in, but that really isn't much for new info that people didn't already surmise from the first game/ director's cut video.
And it has one of the biggest WTF endings just to set up the premise of FEAR3.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
As far as I'm concerned, they can take as much time as they need to make sure it doesn't suck. Looking forward to it.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
All these delays -- without solid explanations -- are seriously eroding my interest in the game.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
That's okay--I planned on getting it used anyway. Frankly, I am NOT impressed with the direction Monolith has taken the series--I found Vivendi's expansion packs to be much better, even with the introduction of that stupid mercenary band in Perseus Mandate.