Allakhazam, Thottbot and Ogaming - Three Peas in a Pod

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Interesting news over at Allakhazam today. For those of you who are not MMOG fans, Allakhazam is one of the largest info/map/guide sites on the internet. In the past, they have been very outspoken against gold-sellers, like IGE.

Yet today, an interesting little tidbit of information crossed my desktop: Allakhazam and Thottbot (one of the largest World of WarCraft information sites and owned by IGE) are being rolled up into on nice tidy network. Additionally, Ogaming's (also owned by IGE) content will be "integrated into" Allakhazam. The community at Allakhazam is pretty evenly divided between the "Congrats!" and "You sellout!" camps.

Will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Wow. Announcing a merger before the domain is even active [http://www.allakhazam.com/]?

(Zam.com was recently purchased and is still in transition, so going there now will just bring up a blank page. Give it a few days before anything appears there)

That's Spin Magic. (I've copyrighted that term, BTW.)

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Original Comment by: Adam

So... given that Thottbot tends to be easier to search through and has better maps, and Allakhazam's drop tables are actually correct most of the time and their forums are slightly less retarded, I'm wondering what this new site is going to be like.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Adam, my friend, the answer is that you should just go to wow.warcry.com!

Better drop tables, better maps, and it's from the same crew that brings you The Escapist...

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Original Comment by: Andrea Appel (a.k.a. Alexandra Erenhart)

Wow I didn't know that, thanks for the tip :D