MySpace Fires 500 People By Soulless Xerox

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
MySpace Fires 500 People By Soulless Xerox

Source: TechCrunch

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
Wow, Mike seems like a total douchebag. Hope everyone that was laid off finds a bigger better job, maybe at Facebook :p

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
To be fair, it is a rather sad inevitability that everyone at MySpace is going to eventually lose their jobs - the company simply won't last long.

I know that those who have been laid off must feel insulted at the letter and whatnot, but at least they don't have to have anything to do with the dying website anymore.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Hahaha, that's terrible, I like how he sort of says "Add me on myspace" and "Fuck you" all in the same sentence.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
That is just awful. I just had a feeling myspace didn't care, and there is good proof. I would never want to be fired like that, it would make me feel like I am just a pawn in a bigger master plan, and they never even cared to learn my name. Like a stormtrooper. They laid off stormtroopers. I hope they find some better jobs where people actually give a damn.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Ya sure it sucks. I hope everyone laid off lands on their feet. That said it is 500 people. Sorry but you gotta fire 500 people at once well it is going to become a little less personal. It is a harsh and imperfect world we live in. Get a helmet.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
What I dont get is why Myspace has failed.

Honestly I have seen so little difference between facebook, twitter and Myspace over the years that I honestly cannot fathom why Myspace started out popular and why Facebook and twitter took over in popularity leaving myspace in a position like being your mentally challenged redneck cousin no one speaks about in polite company.

Seriously, they all have basically the same functionallity, what made one better than the other?

As for the jobs.. Well.. Sorry to hear it, but at the same time, anyone who has worked at myspace for the last year should have already been shopping their resumes around anyway. If you know the ship is sinking, there isnt alot of sense to try and ride it out if you dont know how to swim.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
No one gives a shit about myspace, ok? It's a footnote. Why do we even care about it anymore?

It's a worthless waste of space fuckup, and it's nasty to think about. This just puts the eighth nail in the coffin.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Wow... I'll never use Myspace again.

Oh wait... they deleted my account. So long Myspace...

Eogris

Jun 18, 2008
i bet that "tom" guy who sold myspace for millions feels like a genius right now.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
This is why Facebook is booming, and Myspace is sinking like the Titanic. The CEO himself must attempt several dozen insurance scams a month just to keep his house.