Map of Entire Star Wars Universe Better Than GPS

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Map of Entire Star Wars Universe Better Than GPS

Trying to get from Coruscant to Tatooine? Check out this map of every known Star Wars planet.

If travelling from planet to planet in a Corellian cruiser is getting you down, I've got just the thing. Dark Horse and Lucasfilm have published an official map of the Star Wars universe, which includes every planet, quadrant, and trade route.

Having been published in 2009's Star Wars: The Essential Atlas [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Essential-Daniel-Wallace/dp/0345477642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295221266&sr=8-1], the map isn't the latest Star Wars paraphernalia on the streets, but it's still really cool to look at for anyone not in possession of said tome. For viewers of Star Wars that thought all of the franchise's planets were just strewn about with reckless abandon, the map proves otherwise.

Entertainment Weekly provides us with a super-clear view of it here [http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110114/star-wars-map-high-res_1500.jpg]. Just be aware that the Deep Core isn't the best tourist attraction around.

But if you'd like to visit Yoda on Dagobah, or check out the area where Alderaan used to be, the map provides an easily navigable route. Or you can take the easy way out and use GPS [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102789-GPS-Imitates-Star-Wars-X-Wing-Targeting-Computer], but that's no fun.

Source: EW [http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/01/14/star-wars-map/]

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Galactic west... wait... How do they determinate that? Galaxies are huge, moving things. You can't just say "West is over there" because west won't be west my tomorrow, if you intend to travel on a large scale.

Do these people know that a galaxy is a three-dimension thing? Why a 2d-map?

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
In all fairness, Exterminas, it is rather difficult to print a 3d map in a magazine.

OT: That's pretty interesting. That's something for the bedroom or dormroom wall.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
or check out the area where Alderaan used to be,
Since that map is of a galaxy long, long ago, there's a good chance several of those planets could be gone by now. Realize it takes awhile for information to travel all the way to our ends of the 'verse, but still an update would be nice.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Cool. I feel a bit ashamed I know so many of those planets.

Also for those interested here's a nice interactive map of the <url=http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html>Warhammer 40,000 galaxy.

Exterminas said:
Galaxies are far wider than they are deep. So it's not too much of a stretch to use a 2-d map. Also most people don't have holo projectors lying around.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
Has anyone been able to find Taris on it?
And shouldn't Malachor V and Peragus be 'Acknowledged' at least?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Wow. I thought the Jedi had explored the entire galaxy and had it all mapped out but I guess I was wrong. Oh, does anyone know where Korriban, the Sith home world...I think, is? Granted it's probably in the unknown regions but I don't have enough time to read through the whole map right now.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Korriban lies between the Perlemian Trade Route and the Hydian Way, Just west of the Gordian Reach and Yavin.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I notice Tatooine is not on the way to Corriban from Naboo. So why did they stop there in the first prequel movie?

ssgt splatter said:
Wow. I thought the Jedi had explored the entire galaxy and had it all mapped out but I guess I was wrong. Oh, does anyone know where Korriban, the Sith home world...I think, is? Granted it's probably in the unknown regions but I don't have enough time to read through the whole map right now.
Korriban is in R5

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
ssgt splatter said:
Oh, does anyone know where Korriban, the Sith home world...I think, is? Granted it's probably in the unknown regions but I don't have enough time to read through the whole map right now.
R5. Outer rim, yes, but Unknown regions it is not.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Had that thing for awhile... I'm waiting for it to come out on a holoemitter so we can actually see where everything is at any given moment ;)

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Oddly enough Kamino is missing from the map. It's supposed to be in grid S-15 south of the Rishi maze. Rishi is clearly there. I guess it's still "deleted" from records or something?

lyrandar

Apr 15, 2009
I need this for the wall of my room, it would be great if Lucasfilm would do a poster of it, I for one would buy it.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
So what's the fastest route from the Milky Way to Jita? I need to do some shopping.

JamesBr

Nov 4, 2010
Exterminas said:
Galactic west... wait... How do they determinate that? Galaxies are huge, moving things. You can't just say "West is over there" because west won't be west my tomorrow, if you intend to travel on a large scale.

Although the cardinal points would move as the galaxy rotates, it can probably be assumed that this is common knowledge in a universe with faster-than-light travel and is automatically taken into consideration in a ship's nav computer. Since the relative position of planets doesn't change (the map in question just rotates in place), you're orientation becomes a matter of perspective. For example, if you're on Tatooine, you need to travel "west" to get to Endor, the fact that west moves doesn't matter, the direction is really the same. Point your ship to the planet's coordinates, which will be to the west of Tatooine every time since west moves, and hit your hyperdrive. The ships navi would compensate for the spin of the galaxy and keep you moving "west" the entire time.