Project Nevada Mod Brings Shooter Action to Fallout: New Vegas

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Project Nevada Mod Brings Shooter Action to Fallout: New Vegas

Gamers after a little more shooter-style action in Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295379532&sr=8-3] should set their sights on Project Nevada, a hefty mod that adds dynamic crosshairs, sprinting, enhanced vision modes and even bullet time.

For an RPG, Fallout: New Vegas sure does act a lot like a shooter. Bullets and plasma bolts fly fast and furious, and even charisma-and-conversation oriented players will spend most of their time trading lead and lasers with the various scumbags of the wasteland. But gamers who prefer that sort of "shoot first, clean up the eyeballs and bits of skull later" approach to settling disputes can now ratchet up the heat even further with Project Nevada, a new mod package that adds some serious run-and-gun to the New Vegas experience.

Currently a work in progress, Project Nevada will ramp up the shooter side of the New Vegas poker chip with a range of action and combat oriented features like unique HUD visors, new vision modes including infrared and night vision, dynamic crosshairs and enhanced rifle scopes. The addition of the slow-motion bullet time mechanic, a grenade hotkey and the ability to sprint and tackle will make it even easier to lay waste to your enemies in new and interesting ways.

Work-in-progress fan projects are a dime a dozen but this one is being created by the same team that made the Bethesda's Fallout forums [http://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/] to learn more!

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Awesomeness. Probably have to finish the game with this.

Although not sure how I feel about that tackling. That seems a little overpowered.

Thank you modders!! Making PC games so much better!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
TheRealGoochman said:
I wont lie, I usually don't get jealous of PC users for their mods....but in this case I sort of am a wee bit
For this game I was jealous. PC gamers had the only version that works.

I hope they added more enemies to fight too. This game had more conversations than a Bioware game and less combat than a Katamari game.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
TheRealGoochman said:
I wont lie, I usually don't get jealous of PC users for their mods....but in this case I sort of am a wee bit
For this game I was jealous. PC gamers had the only version that works.
haha...good one.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Holy shit.Bethesda should try buying this up and releasing it as DLC. This looks incredible.
TheRealGoochman said:
This. I mean really.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Visually impressive as all hell, but it wouldn't do much for me... I spend a majority of my time in third-person mode... especially since I started using the zoom range mod.
...and I tend to play the combat RPG-style. VATS only, very rarely do I fire manually.
...makes me miss the good ol' days of Fallout...

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
It looks good, but all I'd want is the grenades ability. The guns now have very wide crosshairs, the visors would get annoying after awhile (Besides, I've never had the need for thermal vision?), and that sprint ability is just a move about quicker option with a mad knockdown effect. Still, if I had the PC edition, I'd have it in a flash.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Sprint was a bit too fast IMO :S

Other than that, looks pretty good. Really like the visor modes

Red Rum

Feb 25, 2008
This is what I wanted out of the original Fallout 3. So how can I get to this and replace my bones with it?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Ah mods, the reason I stick with PC's. Oblivion, FO3 and New Vegas have all had their shelf life significantly extended for me for free thanks to amateur programmers. Thanks guys and gals.